TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Koni or Bilstein strut inserts?  (Read 2757 times)

Joe M

Koni or Bilstein strut inserts?
« on: March 19, 2008, 09:45:00 AM »

Anyone know if Koni, Bilstein or Sax makes strut inserts that work on the Capri or other Mazda BF chassis cars?  If so, do you have any parts numbers?

1992xr2

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »

Someone once made rear(?) konis fit on a gtx but that information died with m323p.  Your best bet afaik is Tocikos which might be revalvable, anyone know?
\\\'90 Civic Si
Flat black, built vtec d16. Low 14s
Boost in the near future.

Joe M

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 03:32:00 AM »

I didn't think the Tokicos were revalveable.  I am working on getting a full set of Tokicos if the price is right, but mostly just to have something to put re-valveable strut cartridges into without having to hack into my current struts.  I'm not sure the Tokicos would have the reasonably side-to-side matched force curves I'm after for autocrossing this summer, but maybe I'm wrong. I the Bilsteins and Sax are typically field seviceable/revalvable. Koni's (and some Sax) have varying degrees of adjustment (typically just rebound), but need to be sent in for revalving.  I don't think I need rebound adjustment at all as long as I can get shocks with reasonably matched force curves. Unfortunately, that's not something easy to do with a 16-year old chassis and the options from Tociko, Pedders and KYB.  I'm open to suggestions.

yen

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2008, 03:09:00 PM »

I have koni reds
they are damper adjustable (external)
and rebuildable.
pedders are rebranded munroes so i dont think it would survive very long motor crossing. especially if matched to firmer or lowered springs
koni do not necessarilly make a strut insert for the capri, and the ones i have had to be shortened at the rear.
unfortunately i dont have part numbers
1990 Ford Capri
1.6L SOHC