TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Coilovers and strut perch?  (Read 12794 times)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
Coilovers and strut perch?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 08:04:00 AM »

how does the car ride with the coilovers ??? i am want to change mine but not sure yet ??

Clubby

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 01:32:00 AM »

Yen,Would u be able to tell me where u got ur Coil Overs from,i can't seem to find anyone in Australia that can help me find them for a Capri,I'm reading on this forum that the 323 86-89 2WD will fit,are they a staight change over? Is it a complete Coil Over Kit?

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »

i have not bought them i was asking anyone that has put them on if the ride was ok

1992xr2

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 04:26:00 AM »

The spring rates are user-selectable so the ride can be anything from stock to track only depending on the spring rates chosen.  The Ground controls are the spring and perch ONLY! you still need performance struts, which also contribute to the ride quality as much as the sprinmg rates.
\\\'90 Civic Si
Flat black, built vtec d16. Low 14s
Boost in the near future.

Phillip

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 09:58:00 AM »

I have about 5K on the Ground Control set up now and they work great! This thing use to just wallow into corners and sqeal and jump around. Now its' real firm and very predictable. I have a very hard spring rate on it, 7"-400lbs/in. in front and 9"-220lbs/ in in the back. I also bought the spacers and helper springs from Eibach to keep everything in place when it goes negitive (airborn). At the time I did the coil overs I also did all brake rotors, kevlar pads and braided stainless steel lines, seals, bearings, struts, strut mounts, bushings (on the front only couldn't find the rears at the time) tie rod ends everything complete. The one draw back that I have noticed is that you really need to observe torque settings on the hardware, I have had a few things loosen up because of the battering it takes with the heavier rate.

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »

im running the copper tokico HP struts for the 323gt and intrax purple lowering springs for the same..
i too, only paid 1800 for mine. in great condition. and im well over 5,000...
 but i run 13s in the 1/4  and soon will break 12s with the 14b turbo. and still be under 6,000 with the price of the car ....

buy a civic, and build it to run 13s, and be reliable too. for under 6000...
and no, an e-bay ching chang chong turbo kit thrown on a d series will not last a summer, running the kind of boost it takes to run a 13..
and to do even a vitara/ eagle engine build,
or to port and polish and put high compression pistons in a d series  will prolly put you over the budget.. and a b16 or b18 swap forget about it ..
so paying dirt, for a car with so much hidden potential, and underrated as they are.. sounds hella good to me

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2009, 03:00:00 PM »

heres the rear, and how much (or little ) clearance i have from the wheels..
and heres a better picture, of the fronts..

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2009, 04:51:00 AM »

any questions??

220hp@18psi

coco-customs

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2009, 05:55:00 AM »

what did u throw a lift kit on that thing, lookat that wheel gap!!!Just playin  
Not stoping till 300 WHP

yen

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »

Hey Clubby,
Sorry for the really late reply, I didn't realise you had asked me a question until this thread was brought up again.
In short, there is no aftermarket support for the Capri in Australia.
Funny, huh?
I met a very knowledgeable person by the name of Graeme at Proven Performance who suspension components for the short lived Capri Cup racing event.
Coilovers weren't available for the car but he custom modded adjustable Koni shocks from a Ford TX5 to suit the Capri struts.
He also had a stack of pillow ball mount strut tops for the Capri. At the time I didn't think I needed them but in hindsight they would have been a nice investment.
My stock strut tops failed a few years ago and had to import parts from the States because parts here were so scarce and I had lost contact with Graeme.
I'd ask the guys on the forum where to get coilovers, they've got first first hand experience. No one in Aus is as enthusiastic with Capri's as these guys.
1990 Ford Capri
1.6L SOHC

Clubby

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2009, 02:16:00 AM »

Thanks for reply Yen  ;)  I've been checking out the Ground Control Coil Overs,they look great but i'm not sure if they are going to go low enough,the 2.5 drop is just enough from what i have now,the Clubsprint sat lower then the standard Capri.Does any one have pics of the Ground Control Coil Overs at their lowest point? Also which top mounts fit cause the 323 86 - 89 don't look the same. Thanks  

Phillip

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2009, 03:33:00 AM »

Actually in Oz you can buy the White Line bushings that we have problems getting in the States. Might be an idea to source and send that here and we could send parts your way!

yen

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2009, 12:40:00 PM »

Sounds like a proposition for trade. =)

Clubby, 2.5" is a massive drop. I'm occasionally bottoming out with 1.25" lowered springs. Should be OK with coilovers though since they're height adjustable.
1990 Ford Capri
1.6L SOHC

Clubby

« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »

Yeah i hear u Dude,that why i want coil overs,but i want them to go as low as the tires,no gap on top.I bought the car low and it looked crazy but had to take care were i drove,so i had to go higher,but i miss the look,thats why i need adjustable ones.The 2.5 inch drop is just getting me there with lowered springs on it already.I see if i can send in pics of how the Capri looked when it was lower  ;)
Phillip,i would of though White Line sent to the States,if i can help from here,let me know  ;)

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible
Pages: 1 [2] 3