TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: 94 XR2 Rear Struts  (Read 6656 times)

djgaud33025

94 XR2 Rear Struts
« on: February 13, 2003, 11:46:00 AM »

Let me share today's experience with you. Went to have lowering springs installed as well as new front/rear strut mounts & front/rear struts. Eveything worked except for the rear struts. It turns out (after a phone call to MCCM) that the 94  capri xr2 has a choice of 3 different struts for the rear (non-turbo, turbo w/o sport suspension & turbo w/sport suspension.) Needless to say I had to leave the originals on and one of them is shot. Now if anyone knows how where I can locate some rear struts or a different method of searching (mazda 323, etc.) please let me know.

Thanx.
djgaud33025
94 XR2

mhack

• Old-Timer
    • http://akdusa.com/xr2
94 XR2 Rear Struts
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 02:53:00 PM »

Tell us where you did look, so we can tell where you missed..
1991 XR2 Viper Yellow/Red[/URL]- 164K - PARTING OUT! IM ME!
0-60 7.65 sec (RON 94, 55F, 2400RPM, stock 185mm 14\\")
  • Cone Air Filter (3\\" tube)
  • Custom Air Filter/ Coil bracket
  • Front Mount Coolant res. tank (FMCRT)
  • new painted valve cover and gasket

djgaud33025

94 XR2 Rear Struts
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 03:04:00 PM »

In all honesty, I didn't look anywhere. I had the wheel and tire shop that was doing the work order the parts for me. Now I have been able to track some OEM Struts down and have ordered them. Once they get here, I will be able to tell if they are the ones that I need. I got the part number from a local Mercury dealer.
djgaud33025
94 XR2