TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Capri Mods  (Read 13739 times)

Richter12x2

Capri Mods
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2004, 06:57:00 AM »

Maybe so, but I'm willing to bet they did more than just a new exhaust and intake, if so they must have been magical.  WRC cars usually cost in the neighborhood of $45,000 to build, and I'm sure that's not the cost of the 5 point harness.

Interesting sidenote, after my trip to a hospital construction site in New Mexico in a rent-a-car, I'd like to see a Toyota Echo rally edition!  It was funnier still when the other part of our start-up team got their Ford Explorer stuck and we had to drive the stock Toyota Echo over to pull them out.  In the 4 days we were there, the Explorer was stuck twice, and the Echo not even once and we went ALL the same places.  It DID cost $8 to wash it at the coin op carwash though.  They'll probably be spraying mud out of it for months.

Originally posted by mhack:
Just look at the WRC GTX from 1988.. they ran B6T to 300+ HP    

You know in late eighties F1 engines were running 1200 HP from 1.5 L V10 (those needed to be rebuild after each 60 lap race    

quote:
Originally posted by Richter12x2:

quote:
Originally posted by a97sky:
well if you go turbo then the horizen just brodens. just add an intake, decent exaust, boost controller, and bov and u will be running around 300hp. i have a custom exaust and intake right now and it really moves, im looking to install a bov and mbc, ill be running about 9lbs of boost. this car has so many options that it is a dream to work on. anything is possible.
Wow - I don't want to be rude or anything, but I'd have to see the dyno numbers on that.  If you can add just those four things and push 300hp (for more than 300 miles) I'd be very impressed.  I'm thinking 200hp would be more realistic, and even that's stretching it.  Unless you added forged pistons and crank, etc, then you could probably go to 220-230hp pretty reliably.  Otherwise you're gonna be tearing the engine down every weekend.  Besides, doesn't the stock turbo already put out 7psi of boost? [/b][/QUOTE][/b][/QUOTE]

mhack

• Old-Timer
    • http://akdusa.com/xr2
Capri Mods
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2004, 04:01:00 AM »

I think they were more than $45,000..
Transaxle alone was like $80,000.
But the point is that the engine was specifically built to have 300+ hp, this is why it's 7.9:1, oil jets, huge rods etc..
So it's all up to you to add other stuff like reprogrammed ECU, Boost controller, headers, downpipe etc.

Maybe so, but I'm willing to bet they did more than just a new exhaust and intake, if so they must have been magical.  WRC cars usually cost in the neighborhood of $45,000 to build, and I'm sure that's not the cost of the 5 point harness.
1991 XR2 Viper Yellow/Red[/URL]- 164K - PARTING OUT! IM ME!
0-60 7.65 sec (RON 94, 55F, 2400RPM, stock 185mm 14\\")
  • Cone Air Filter (3\\" tube)
  • Custom Air Filter/ Coil bracket
  • Front Mount Coolant res. tank (FMCRT)
  • new painted valve cover and gasket

Richter12x2

Capri Mods
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2004, 04:55:00 AM »

The point I'm trying to make is that if they spent $80,000 on the transaxle alone, then the engine SURE wasn't put together with off the shelf parts.  Like I said before, show me the dyno numbers, I'd be impressed as hell if someone showed me a 225 hp daily driver B6T Capri, much less a 300+ hp B6T Capri.  Last I heard, the best anyone here ever got was 180hp.  If it's that easy, why not keep going to 300?  I mean, that'd be going from an 18:1 power to weight ratio to an 8:1 power to weight ratio, right up there with the Dodge Viper at 7.93:1, and you'd most likely be able to beat one in a drag race because of all the weight over the front tires.

mhack

• Old-Timer
    • http://akdusa.com/xr2
Capri Mods
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2004, 04:29:00 AM »

I agree with you on almost everything.
Just couple points to make:

The point I'm trying to make is that if they spent $80,000 on the transaxle alone, then the engine SURE wasn't put together with off the shelf parts.
No it wasn't, but they had to spend modify less becuase their our street B6T is tunned down rally B6T as opposed to usual way like passenger engine is being build up to handle power.

In this aspect we are lucky and pretty unique  

Like I said before, show me the dyno numbers, I'd be impressed as hell if someone showed me a 225 hp daily driver B6T Capri, much less a 300+ hp B6T Capri.  Last I heard, the best anyone here ever got was 180hp.
Check out this article about Rod Millen (sp?) Killer XR2. They've got it to 195 FWHP!

This is probable the highest anybody got with dyno slip.

If you factor drivetrain loss of 15% you will get
224 HP!

This is 10.7 lb/HP!

So we only have 76 more HP to go!

Let's do it guys!  
1991 XR2 Viper Yellow/Red[/URL]- 164K - PARTING OUT! IM ME!
0-60 7.65 sec (RON 94, 55F, 2400RPM, stock 185mm 14\\")
  • Cone Air Filter (3\\" tube)
  • Custom Air Filter/ Coil bracket
  • Front Mount Coolant res. tank (FMCRT)
  • new painted valve cover and gasket

Richter12x2

Capri Mods
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »

Geez, 1 more hp and I'd've been impressed as hell.  I guess just impressed will have to do it.  ;)

drbob

• Old-Timer
Capri Mods
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »

I'm sorry, but thinking of a 195hp Capri gets me so excited, now I need to go visit a womens prison for about 12 hours.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

Razzamatazzboca

• Old-Timer
    • http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/RazzamatzzCapris/
Capri Mods
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2004, 04:13:00 PM »

Oh Boy
Here we go again.....

The only women robertOH can score with are locked up in little rooms and they can't escape.

Yeah, the romance never left ole dr bob!!!!!!!!!
All Hail King William, King of all Capridom, Master of Mopars

Home of the 1994 Triplets, the FINEST individually owned collection of Capris on the planet.
94 NA \\"Black Beauty\\"
94 NA \\"The Red Rocket\\"
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye, \\"Plum Crazy Purple\\"
1977 Chrysler Cordoba,blue starlight metallic

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2926605/1\\" target=\\"_blank\\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2926605/1

capri man

Capri Mods
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »

HEY GUYS I HAVE BEEN DOING THE RESEARCH ON THE MAZDA 1.8 V6 I WAS THINKING OF SLAMMING ONE OF THESE IN A CAPRI

Texas Capri 1

Capri Mods
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »

I will let you know about the 300 hp topic. I have been rebuilding my extra block and head and already about 6000 in the hole. I am expected 400 hp w/out turbo, once the hks is on, we are looking at about 440 more or less. Total cost for parts and machine work is a little over 8000.00. I will let you know when it is finished. This is a daily driven car for me, I am real big here my city in the street racing scene. I have some serious comp now that I freind/competitor has just purchase last years model of a dodge viper. I hate to admit it, He can smear my ass all over the road. I hope to beat him when I am finished. I should have the motor back in late febuary as it is being blueprinted and balance as well as being ported. Costs alot of money to do, but with time, patience and a not so happy wife, it can be done.
1.8 from 93 Protege
N/A

PCFree

Capri Mods
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

I remember when I lived in Texas for three years, there was this one guy who said, before almost every sentance, "I'm tellin ya the truth!"  Everything is big in Texas, including the stories. Hmmm...440hp out of an N/A 1.6 liter? At what? 9,000 RPM?
\\"Computers & Cameras & Cars, Oh My!\\"

Volfenhag

Capri Mods
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »

Now all you need is some nitro methane fuel.
Drive it like you stole it!

SW_McDick

• http://www.richard-d-northrup.com
Capri Mods
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2005, 03:18:00 AM »

I can't wait to see some photo's of Texas Capri 1 mods that he spend so much for maybe they we'll give us all ideas. But for some reason photos I'll doubt we'll see.
Life goes up and it goes down. Uhmm life it sure is a bumpy ride.

drbob

• Old-Timer
Capri Mods
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »

ya know Texaascapri1 if you have those mods done, you HAVE to bring it to the gathering.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

jfrrw92capri

Capri Mods
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 03:08:00 PM »

I have the side exit under the passenger rear wheel well and I like it but I want it to be both sides, previous owner put on a CherryBomb but doesnt sound too bad
Pages: 1 [2]