TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Body kit  (Read 4322 times)

Super Two

Body kit
« on: October 09, 2012, 12:09:00 AM »

Hi my First post new member. I have just bought a 1994 xr2 in very good condition done 153000 km looking for a rattle I discovered  in side the body skirts  feeling with the fingers ther is a long piece of flat bar about just over a metre in length. It is not attached in any way and can be pushed back and forth  It is not the souse of the noise I was lookig for What can this metal bar be there for,  got me beat.  Have to try and remove the body kit so I can remove it Thanks Denis

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
Body kit
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 06:56:00 AM »

Welcome!! I don't have any idea what that metal bar could be, but welcome to the group!! Post up some pics of your new toy when you get a chnce!
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Body kit
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »

That bar is riveted to the rocker panel, and the sideskirt clips onto it - that's how the skirt is held to the body on the 94 XR2.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Super Two

Body kit
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 05:17:00 PM »

Hi Rocket man You say the sid e skirts are clipped on to the metal bar which should be attached to the rocker panel.  I suppose you mean the step under the door  But it has  3 fasteners onder the front wheel arch --6 under the sill and one at the rear end plate in rear wheel arch  I was going to remove them  I can not see them doing any good just to rattle Thanks  again   Den