TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: MAZDA MX6 INTERCOOLER  (Read 4485 times)

aussie

MAZDA MX6 INTERCOOLER
« on: May 03, 2003, 04:12:00 PM »

IM LOOKING AT A MX6 INTER COOLER ANYONE EVER LOOKED AT FITTING ONE TO THERE CAPRI???

mhack

• Old-Timer
    • http://akdusa.com/xr2
MAZDA MX6 INTERCOOLER
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2003, 04:28:00 AM »

Check an article on my site  akdusa.com/xr2  they fit that intercoolr to 323 GTX..
1991 XR2 Viper Yellow/Red[/URL]- 164K - PARTING OUT! IM ME!
0-60 7.65 sec (RON 94, 55F, 2400RPM, stock 185mm 14\\")
  • Cone Air Filter (3\\" tube)
  • Custom Air Filter/ Coil bracket
  • Front Mount Coolant res. tank (FMCRT)
  • new painted valve cover and gasket

Sabrina

MAZDA MX6 INTERCOOLER
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 06:57:00 PM »

The problem with installing the Mx-6 intercooler into the capri as oppossed to installing into a 323 is that the spot where most install the intercooler on the capri is blocked by our headlights, so using a install for a 323 wont work. I am working on my car and have decided to mount it to the stock location, problem is that it is too thick to fit in the stock spot, so I am going to try to remove some metal behind the stock location, and then get some custom piping made, on that get the top pipe done so it is the same size the whole way.
91 XR2 white

mhack

• Old-Timer
    • http://akdusa.com/xr2
MAZDA MX6 INTERCOOLER
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2003, 03:02:00 AM »

That's true, but I only referenced him to that article to show installation in general.. not step by step guide  
1991 XR2 Viper Yellow/Red[/URL]- 164K - PARTING OUT! IM ME!
0-60 7.65 sec (RON 94, 55F, 2400RPM, stock 185mm 14\\")
  • Cone Air Filter (3\\" tube)
  • Custom Air Filter/ Coil bracket
  • Front Mount Coolant res. tank (FMCRT)
  • new painted valve cover and gasket

Xr-2Racer5

MAZDA MX6 INTERCOOLER
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2003, 09:35:00 AM »

yah I see what your saying, I have tried another couple time to figure out to fit my intercooler(Ford Probe) and cut some stuff with the sawzall and still cant fit it, to be able to fit with the side piping design that the intercooler has would be ineffecient in the route the piping would take. So I think the best way to upgrade the intercooler on the capri would to be a full front mounted design with one side to the other piping, to do this you would have to cut a circle out the driver side pop up light, of course once you do this you wont be able to put the lights down but to me it would be worth the Horsepower of course the other piping would go throught stock piping location and it would be custom fit at like a muffler shop or something. I have heard of a intercooler upgrade being done but the person didnt explain how he or she did it so if anyone  has done this please share your experience, it owuld be greatly appreciated!
I love this Game

skierd

MAZDA MX6 INTERCOOLER
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 10:38:00 PM »

Its been so long since I've looked at a capri's engine bay, but coulding you go out around the bumper?  Like, send the compressor outlet through the driver's side fender well behind the foglights, and bring it back up on the passenger side and meet up with the stock intake pipe?
First car was a 91 capri (n/a 5spd) and I still miss it...

STE_6000

• Old-Timer
    • http://teamcapri.com
MAZDA MX6 INTERCOOLER
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2003, 06:41:00 AM »

Couldnt see why not if you dont have any fog lights. You dont want to make the trip to long. Also you dont want to many bends that will imped on air flow.
Anthony
Cadillac STS 05 Silver Metallic V8-Northstar
-Tinted Windows 20%
-Volant Cold Air Intake
-Corsa Exhaust
-Phillips 6,000K HID Low Beams
-Phillips 6,000K HID Fog Lights
-Factory upgrade radio to 8\\" touch screen navi with 6 disc dvd changer.

http://teamcapri.com\\" target=\\"_blank\\">