TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: What an AWESOME day.  (Read 3257 times)

drbob

• Old-Timer
What an AWESOME day.
« on: December 09, 2009, 07:15:00 AM »

What an AWESOME day. I am taking a break from my neighborhood snow blowing duties. I've been at it for 5.5 hours already but am three quarters done. My poor single stage snowthrower could not get through this stuff so I had to use a neighbors big two stage and it's been bogging down. What normally takes me 1 hour to do, will take me 8 (if I'm lucky).  Very wet and heavy about 14" of the awesome stuff.  The dog and I are both stoked at how deep the snow is.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

yen

What an AWESOME day.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 09:53:00 AM »

We travel upwards of 6 hours to see snow, maybe once a year if we're lucky and we're getting less and less of it.
The man made stuff is just horrid. Not even snow cone consistency.
8hrs working in the cold, wet snow is a bit hardcore but still awesome.
Thanks for the insight into your day to day life Drbob
=)
1990 Ford Capri
1.6L SOHC

drbob

• Old-Timer
What an AWESOME day.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:59:00 AM »

was just finishing my bowl of "drboB's world famous chilli, when the snow plow finally came down the street.  My driveway was plowed in 4' high and 6' across, and by this time the temps have dropped, and what once was a thick wet snow had started to turn into ice chunks.  One of my neighbors was helping (and did most of the work wrestling the snow blower) we had just finished blowing our 6 other neighbors driveways (thats what neighbors do for each other) and when we got to mine and my neighbors driveway we were pretty beat.  We started attacking the mound and had been at it for about 20 mins and were not even half the way done, some guy in a small Kaboda front loader came rolling down the street, he told us to back away and he cleared the rest of the ice in 3 mins. Then he just kept rolling down the street.  I saw that if you were out shoveling, he'd do the driveway.  I don't know the guy, have never seen him before, but he is my hero for the day.  I think my neighbor will be just a little less sore tomorrow because of him, and I am not in the hospital with a heart attack because of my neighbor.  What an AWESOME day.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
What an AWESOME day.
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »

Hey drbob! Sounds like you need to slow up a bit. Take it easier.  Gus

drbob

• Old-Timer
What an AWESOME day.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 03:32:00 AM »

Gus, I think if I took it any easier, I'd be in a casket, I think it was because I was able to help my neighbors, and the fact that it snowed hard is why I had such an Awesome day.  I feel good this morning.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
What an AWESOME day.
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 09:51:00 AM »

Hey drboB!  As they say, you know your body better than anyone.  Gus

kelly270

• http://na
What an AWESOME day.
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 01:38:00 PM »

koodos to you dr.bob, what an awsome guy, you sound like one 'cool' dude. Big cold snap here on the coast of Washingto. Happy Holidays

kelly 270
92 XR2
soon to have a new heart