TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: California Meet  (Read 5107 times)

Piojo

California Meet
« on: April 23, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »

When Will A Meet Be In California Near Los Angeles?

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
California Meet
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »

When you organize it  

The only long-running meet is the MACG in the Midwest every year. I have been hosting the Northeast Meet, this year will be the third.

There's a bunch of western USA members here, but you'll have to put something together as there isn't anyone organizing anything out there to my knowledge.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

kelly270

• http://na
California Meet
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »

Id be there, even if I had to push the damn car.... Shoot now that I'm not working I might make the big one with the real deal guys, who can give me some pointers and laugh at how much money I've spent.
92 XR2
soon to have a new heart

drbob

• Old-Timer
California Meet
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 08:41:00 AM »

I am sure there would be someone to give pointers, but not many to laugh at how much money you've spent.  Some of us have put alot in our cars.  Especially those mechanics who figured how much it would of cost to have the work they did on thier cars done by someone else.  

It would be really awesome if someone made it here from the west coast.  We did have a man drive his car up from Arizona once.

Just think of the adventure you would have and the stories you would be able to tell of your trip when you got back home.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

Piojo

California Meet
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 10:27:00 AM »

I want to have a meet in Asuza, California. we will meet in asuza canyon. nice views as u go up the canyon. At the top of the canyon there is a small river where we can have a BBQ or picnic. Or we can eat at local restaurants around there. I am planning to have this on september. if anyone is interested let me know so i can start planning it.

Captain

• http://www.cardomain.com/id/capritain
California Meet
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »

How steep is the canyon? Could our capri climb it?  Make it up there by the end of the night?  :D  :D  :D   Sound like a good scenery tho. I have my heart set for next year midwest meet.
91 Mercury Capri
Capritain @ Cardomain.com

Piojo

California Meet
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 01:19:00 PM »

its not that steep. we dont have to climb all the way to the top. we can stop where we have a good scenery of the mountains. then kick it there for a while and then go back down to go eat  

LarryC

California Meet
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 02:53:00 AM »

What happened to Azusa Cyn meet? I'm in WC, so, Azusa cyn is very near.

Piojo

California Meet
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 05:32:00 AM »

Sorry LaryC. some things came up that made this event that i was planning not happening. Where is WC located?

Piojo

California Meet
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 05:39:00 AM »

nevermind larryC. WC is West Covina. I live in L.A.... Are u aware of the fordsforever show coming up this april in knotts berry farm?

LarryC

California Meet
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 03:33:00 AM »

I never have heard of the Knotts Berry Farm car show.  But my three capri's are not show quality. I would think the SoCal area would be the 'Capri capital of the world', but for some reason there just is not a demand (for Capris, here).  Everywhere I go, people come to me and tell me what a beautiful car and what is it.  but, if I list a capri for sale, no calls.  Anyway, what do you have in mind?

Piojo

California Meet
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »

That's true. I seen like 3 capri's here where i live. Im planning to attend the ford show im telling u about. Maybe ill see other capri there. Do u know anyone else that lives near us that has a capri?

LarryC

California Meet
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2012, 03:49:00 AM »

I have went to the knotts berry farm show site,http://fabulousfordsforever.org/ and downloaded the registration form.  I will send form today.  What class# did you use? There will be, at least two capri's there. See you there and thanks

Piojo

California Meet
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2012, 05:57:00 AM »

I registered online and i think i used the categorie mercury..  this will be my first show i attend to. I look forward to it. Do u have a Facebook so we can stay in contact. Do u know about the capri page that there is on Facebook?