TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Mid-America Capri Gathering Attendees  (Read 2751 times)

darqueyes

Mid-America Capri Gathering Attendees
« on: August 29, 2004, 05:47:00 AM »

Hi everyone,

I started a new thread for people who attended this year's meet to post their comments.

I am 1 of the original members of the meet, and I had a fantastic time again this year. This is the most fun a person can have in their Capri without breaking several federal and state laws. As usual Dr. Bob outdid himself.  Not many people can say they've driven they're Capri on a NASCAR track.  The weather could have been better, but it was great when we needed it.  Had a few wrinkles, but Bob, Russ and I are already thinking about how we are going to iron those out for next year.

We've always hoped that someone would see our amazing caravan of impressive Capris and join in, and it finally did.  Not once but twice.  Please welcome Nick and Shirley to the group when they join in.

Atten:  If you attended this year's meet and did not get a CD or tape please email me at brwneyes1@ameritech.net so that I can mail you one.  PLease let me know if you want CD or cassette tape.

Terri
Terri
\\\'94 XR2

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
Mid-America Capri Gathering Attendees
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »

WOW!!!!!!! What a day!!  It's impossible to pinpoint my favorite part of the day. Was it the fast blasts around the track??  I know the speedo said 70 a couple of times!! The cruise was awesome as well, watching the expressions on the faces of other people as all of us cruised by!!  Standing in the rain for an hour talking to Nick about the upgrades to my car, and how he could easily do the same to his? Seeing the excitement in the eyes of Shirleys two daughters, as they jumped up and down, yelling, screaming, and pointing at all the Capri's in the Cub Foods parking lot, that they just happenened to stumble on? Watching Bob on the infield of the Speedway, as 15 other Capri's raced around the track, and seeing the Joy and Pride of what he brought together, in his eyes? Let me tell ya, to say he was a happy man is an understatement!!   Perhaps it was watching my Dad drive around the race track, and listening to him talk to people he actually enjoyed talking to.  I don't often get the time to spend a whole day with him, and I am thrilled we got the chance to share this one.  Maybe it was seeing all four of our running Capris (even if one ran poorly) in one place, all being enjoyed as they were meant to be.
Like I said, it's hard to pinpoint my favorite.  I would have to say that, as a whole, it would be difficult to top the fun I had. It was a great day, and Diana, Dean (my Dad) and I will definatly be back next year, maybe with another car or two, eager to make THAT one of the most fun days ever!!

Thank you, Bob!!!  

------Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!