TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: 4th Annual Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering  (Read 64734 times)

Texas Capri 1

4th Annual Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2005, 06:03:00 PM »

its about a 20 hour drive for me. I know it takes me 22 hours for me to get to sheboygan wisconsin.
1.8 from 93 Protege
N/A

MyLittlePony

• http://nikiatkins.com/mustang
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2005, 07:55:00 PM »

Originally posted by darqueyes:
I disagree with the "can not love another".  
My first car was a 1988 red bmw convertible. I loved that thing... And when it was totaled I was devistaed. I wanted everything to fix it. We went looking and there were only two 80s bmw convertibles for sale. A blue one and a red one. I really wanted the red one (came with a hard top, looked like mine, minus the chin spolier, and rear spoiler) but for the a cheaper price I could get a newer faster, better, car. I ended up getting the mustang. Took me a while to love it. The biggest thing I hated about it was that EVERYONE had it... ...and in 98, EVERYONE had that body style... I knew that before even owning one!

Like the capri, I didnt see the beemer anywhere, it was rare. You dont see 80s beemers around here, only new ones (no classics, no vintage) I was a foolish kid. I had gotten it when I was 14, and had always believed that whatever happened I would still have it... ...man was I wrong. I still love that thing, and still want one... ...but now I have the mustang and have bonded with it for 6 years... ...I feel just as attached to it as the I was with the beemer... ..and if anything should ever happen to it...   ...there will be DEATH!

Oh, and some chick around here has my beemer. Looks just like it only in better condition then when I had it! Oh how she likes to haunt me with it.

Texas Capri 1

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by MyLittlePony:
[QB]
Originally posted by darqueyes:
[qb] I disagree with the "can not love another".  

I really disagree with your disagreement. I started out with the nickname Camaro King around here because all I had was like 8 70-78 Z-28's. I had one for every year. I honestly loved all those cars, broke them all in, hell, one of em' I wouldnt even touch the door handles without either a glove on or a cloth cause' it was so pretty. I wound up selling everyone of them. You really shouldnt love a car that much. One thing my Grandpa always told me, when you love your car to the point that you want to be buried in it, then you need to get rid of it. That is called Possed by automobile. Kinda like Christine the movie. He loved that car and it cost him his life. But of course, that is a movie. But same concept. The less scared of your car you are, the more dangerous it actually is to you. Thats just my outlook on it.
1.8 from 93 Protege
N/A

robobogle

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

July 30th works well, except that I'll be working all night on the 29th, and then I'll have to start driving at 5am to get there that day. Oh well, I've only seen 3 capri's other than my 2 in my life, so it should be worth the trip.

-robobogle
92 NA (fresh paint soon)
91 NA (2000lb paper weight)

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »

Then you are going to have an experience you won't soon forget.  Imagine over 30 Capri's in one place.  Running around a race track.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

pmpsht

• Old-Timer
    • http://www.TunerFixx.com
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »

And I have made the commitment to make it to this meet also.  I usually have one in KC and it has gotten too hard for people to stay committed to helping me organize that.  When I don't live there, it's too tough to rely on people.  Oh well, I'll go to this one this year and plan one in Omaha NE next year.  I've talked to Dr. Bob, and I'll be raffling some 2nerfixx parts like clear corners, strut bar, and possibly a boost valve kit, and some profits will go to the meet to help Bob out with the costs.  Well, hope to see you all there!

P.S.  What's the date and time again?
Cory Barry
93 XR2 Project \\"Blue Flame\\"
Starion Intercooled, VJ14/11 Hybrid
TunerFixx Dual Stage Boost Controller, Spec Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, RocketChip ECU **SOLD**
91 NA Silver/Teal (Looks Fast)*SOLD*  
http://www.Tunerfixx.com\\" target=\\"_blank\\">TunerFixx.com Capri Performance: Links, Multimedia, Tech

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2005, 03:32:00 AM »

Details will be posted March 12th
'
Meet date is July 30th.  That is all I can give out until March right now.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

I saw that I was at a milestone.  This is my 400th post.  While 97% of you wish I would just shut up, it's that other 20% I post for.  

This being my 400th post, and being the pompus-ass I am. I am going to use this post to shamelessly promote my Gathering coming up at the end of July.  For those of you who are still undecided, Oh come on man.  Where, and when else are you going to be able to drive your piece of crap Mercury Capri on a race track.  

Come on, lets be honest here, most of you are afraid to go because you don't think your car is "pretty" enough.  Let me make this as simple for you as I can.  My car is the prettiest!  There, now that you now know that the spot is taken, maybe the rest of you won't worry about a fashion show.

This is a rare opportunity.  If you are lucky, you will be able to do it more than oncein your lifetime, but why wait.  I know that I have plenty of times fantasized about driving on a race track.  Folks, fantasys do come true.  

Where else are you going to be able to see over 30 Capri's in one place, possibly even 50 cars or more if everyone shows up.  We are trying to get some corporate sponsership this year, so the Bag-0-Crap should be outstanding this year.  Just coming for the B.O.C. should be worth it.

Roo-sport and I are even working on getting a famous art company to do a rendition of the Capri for the T-SHIRTS exclusive to us.  

Then an opportunity to picnic in one of the most beautiful parks in the world.  where we will be raffling off some great aftermarket parts, and giving away door prizes.  Heck, can you imagine being able to get a pair of clear corners without having to pay an arm and a leg.

Now for our friends who help us keep our cars running, and for anyone else who would like some exposure.  We need some help this year financially.  So for your contribution, we will put your website on our t-shirts.  If you have any other things that you would like to donate to the cause, it is so much appreciated.

Come on folks, it takes YOU to make this a successful Event.  Each and every one of you.  Our cars are becoming extinct, lets not go without a fight.

And now I would like to thank the Academy, my Math teacher, my car, my Irony professor, ...........

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

anotheronel

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »

Did you say Florida; Oh and then I woke up. Your right about extinct. Just got a parts car and it runs-cant seem to make myself dismantle it. Id really like to go but what a drive!
surprised and liking neat little car

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »

Just a reminder to those who will be volenteering this year, the meeting is at my house this saturday.

1335 W. Stover
Freeport IL 61032

Mapquest for directions

also for those of you who would like to donate to the cause, use this address.

Right now I'd like to thank "2NERFIXX.COM and ROO-SPORT.COM'  For their help.  

Remember, it takes all of you to make this a successful event.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

Razzamatazzboca

• Old-Timer
    • http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/RazzamatzzCapris/
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »

Originally posted by drbob:
I saw that I was at a milestone.  This is my 400th post.  While 97% of you wish I would just shut up, it's that other 20% I post for.  
Lets see there bobbie doll
97% + 20% = 117%, not 100%
All Hail King William, King of all Capridom, Master of Mopars

Home of the 1994 Triplets, the FINEST individually owned collection of Capris on the planet.
94 NA \\"Black Beauty\\"
94 NA \\"The Red Rocket\\"
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye, \\"Plum Crazy Purple\\"
1977 Chrysler Cordoba,blue starlight metallic

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2926605/1\\" target=\\"_blank\\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2926605/1

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2005, 05:30:00 AM »

Billy, I always give at least 110%

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »

OK folks, here is the information for the gathering

The Gathering will be held as previously stated on Jusy 30th 2005.  It will start at the Rockford Speedway in Rockford Illinois (mapquest for directions)  This year there will be a $25 entrance fee per car, this includes, track time, t-shirt, food and Bag-O-Crap.  Additional T-shirts will be $20.

There will be a form available to fill out within a week.  I'd like to thank Terri and Russ for coming over to help with some of the planning.  

Oh man folks, this is going to be FUN.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

Volfenhag

« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »

I have some close relatives in Chicago and have been wanting to see them for quite a while. This might be my chance. My only concern is that I hope it is compatable with my spring break.    ...........  
Drive it like you stole it!

ssvejcar

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »

I was one of the extras pick up in the Cub Food
parking lotlast year.  I will be there on the 30th of July and I know of one other capri owner who is checking the calendar to see if they can make it too.  I will keep looking for the form to fill out so we can register.
Dr. Bob,
I parted out a 91 N/A last year and have a lot of
parts still left.  If you would like to give some of these away as door prizes contact me and I will let you know what I have.  You can then see what you want and from there you will have prizes at no cost.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18