TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: 4th Annual Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering  (Read 64719 times)

Texas Capri 1

4th Annual Annual Mid-America Capri Gathering
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 04:39:00 AM »

Here are a few pics of the exterior of my car. I will get some underhood pics later on today. I need to visit the car wash first. I have a nasty valve cover leak plus the power steering hose is leaking as well.  

Here is a couple pics of the capri that my wife rolled over.

1.8 from 93 Protege
N/A

MyLittlePony

• http://nikiatkins.com/mustang
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »

How do you roll a capri? More importantly, how do you survive a roll in a convertible?

Hate to say it, but that car was basically totaled before the wreck. Its quite sad... ...like our capri... ...most of the capris I see running around town... ...they are in need of repair that would total way more than their cars worth! Every capri up and running is VERY lucky not to have a salvage title... ...cuz I dont know who'd restore one at that level.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

I only messed up my front driver's side a bit, and for NEW PARTS ONLY would have cost what I paid for the car. Thankfully theres people here that offer parts from their "stash's". I do belive I have a bit of frame damage too, so cost of labor would be insane. I'm going to get mine taken care of though...
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Texas Capri 1

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »

Well, unfortunaltly, she broadsided a truck that pulled out in front of her on the highway. The car slid at an angle into the ditch, the car then flipped up and rolled 1 time which was enough to total it. it was a good thing that the truck was 4x4 and somewhat off the ground. I think that I could have fixed the car, but replacing the hood, fenders and windsheild would have cost more than what I paid for the car. Plus, the body is crooked on the passenger side pretty badly. She did spend 2 days in the hospital due to some fractures in her wrists from holding the steering wheel to brace herself.
1.8 from 93 Protege
N/A

Texas Capri 1

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »

Originally posted by MyLittlePony:
How do you roll a capri? More importantly, how do you survive a roll in a convertible?
1. Ambition.
2 Hardtop
1.8 from 93 Protege
N/A

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2005, 08:08:00 AM »

I did say that all cars were welcome, that was until I saw yours, OK everybody but texascapri can come to the gahtering .....LOL.....Just kidding.  I just find it hard to believe that it can go 150mph, What are you using to tow it, A SRT-10?
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

MyLittlePony

• http://nikiatkins.com/mustang
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2005, 08:39:00 AM »

Originally posted by Texas Capri 1:
2 Hardtop
Ahh... ...thank goodness! I absolutley hate roll bars and roll cages in convertibles. Infact, I wont even have a light bar installed in my mustang despite how everyone suggests that I get one, claiming it completes the car. Neither of our convertibles has hardtops. I dont like the look of the capris... ...and they only made 500 mustang ones.

We bought the capri with a huge crack in the windsheild. Couldnt bring it to a show like that, we did research and a capri window was typically $600! We found someone who not only had a new on in stock, but came to our house and installed it for $200.

Was it the trucks fault? is his insurance gonna total it, and pay pain and suffer, and medical? Cuz thats whats gonna suck... ...if they total it, itll have a salvage title. If it was your fault, then you wouldnt have to file a claim, and therefore it wouldnt get totaled.

How attached are you to the car? I know that if something were to happen to my mustang, Id absolutely HAD to fix it... ...theres no way I could love another. ...its not like a cat... ...you cant just replace it.  :D  If this isnt the case, my suggestion to you is to buy a new capri... ...use the old capri as the parts car

darqueyes

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »

I disagree with the "can not love another".  My first Capri was totaled by a Pizza Hut delivery guy, and I cried for a week, then I went car shopping.  I never intended on buying another Capri.  After checking the paper and standing slack jawed at used car lots, I decided to drive around and see what unadvertised stuff I could find.  The first car I saw was another '91 NA.  I seriously considered buying it, but it was an automatic - that's just unamerican.  Oh well it was nice owning a Capri for the 6 years I had it.  Time to move on.  The next day my son tells me that he just saw a local dealer put an XR2 out on the lot.  I am now convinced it was karma.  Needless to say I bought it.  I believe that Precious and I were meant to be together.
Buy another one.
Terri
\\\'94 XR2

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2005, 05:56:00 AM »

HERE YE HERE YE.  Due to weather, and track  considerations, I have decided to move the gathering up a month.  To July 30th.  I really hope this is acceptable to everyone.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »

Originally posted by drbob:
HERE YE HERE YE.  Due to weather, and track  considerations, I have decided to move the gathering up a month.  To July 30th.  I really hope this is acceptable to everyone.
Thats much better for me! I wont have to wait as long, plus there is no chance that I'll be starting school at that time! Goodo!

Manicknux

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

I'm with Rocketman.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

Wow. I just looked up directions and im in for a good 850 mile drive. Mapquest estimates 12hrs...I'd better book a hotel the night before. Else I'd be burnt out for all the fun!

Texas Capri 1

« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2005, 05:14:00 AM »

The truck driver had insurance and they totaled the car, paid for most of the hospital bills, as for the car, I was not really fond of it. it was a 91 base model with automatic trans. Basically, I hate automatics. Just too much maintence. Mine is 5spd. Mine will 150, I dont know how much more than that, but it will do it according to one of my freinds that works with the Kleberg County Sheriff's office. He allows me to run the shit out of my car and clock me in the 1/4 mile to 1 mile range to let me see how fast it will go. I also know his radar is accurate because he has a 2005 unit, made by snyper. I just had alot of money to spend at one time, and alot of time on my hands, so I built another fast car.
1.8 from 93 Protege
N/A

STE_6000

• Old-Timer
    • http://teamcapri.com
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »

Ya, its atleast a 13 hour drive for me hehe.
Anthony
Cadillac STS 05 Silver Metallic V8-Northstar
-Tinted Windows 20%
-Volant Cold Air Intake
-Corsa Exhaust
-Phillips 6,000K HID Low Beams
-Phillips 6,000K HID Fog Lights
-Factory upgrade radio to 8\\" touch screen navi with 6 disc dvd changer.

http://teamcapri.com\\" target=\\"_blank\\">

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

Ya Anthony, but you would have a blast.  You would say that it was worth it.

AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18