TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: Daytona Beach Florida Capri meet April 7  (Read 4479 times)

blueamber

Daytona Beach Florida Capri meet April 7
« on: February 22, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »

Just a heads up, a Saturday April 7 Capri meet in Daytona beach is being set up.  I'm hammering down details as I type, there may be some time spent at the speedway, a cruise onto the beach, food, climb a nearby lighthouse, t-shirts, should be a very fun weekend.

I'm throwing in a diecast model of the capri to go to a deserving car (and driver).

Lots of motels in the area, off and on the beach, I'll also find us a car wash to clean that salt off the cars on the way home!

More details soon, mark your calendars...

Let me know of interest, either through the group or direct to me at blueamber42ATyahooDOTcom.

Chris / Howie / Manny

blueamber

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 04:14:00 AM »

This is an invitation to all you ladies and gentlemen, and all you Capri owners too, to attend the 2012 Florida Capri meet, this year located in Daytona Beach.  We will be celebrating our Capri ownership on Florida’s oldest and biggest asset, it’s beautiful white beaches.  It should be a nice day of talk, food, and parking on the beach.

Date: Saturday, April 7
When: 11:00 a.m. until ?
Where: gather at Buschman Park in Port Orange, 4575 Spruce Creek Road

From there we will cruise to a local restaurant, eat lots of food, cruise onto the beach, play, watch the bikini sights, surf (for the shark teasers in the group), watch the young male surfers (you’re welcome ladies!).

There are 100’s of local motels in the area, mostly empty in early April as spring breakers have gone home, so rates are cheap.

An example would be the Flamingo Inn, beachside, rates would be about $49 to $119/night.  http://daytonamotel.com/

I will let folks know if this or another motel starts being used by Capri folks, so we could all sleep together…well…nevermind…

Cars must be off the beach at sunset, about 7:30, so those folks not going home Saturday night can meet somewhere for supper, or nightclubbing for fun-lovers.

What I need to know for snacks and t-shirt order…

1) Your name please….
2) How many cars and people in your party…
3) Quantity and sizes of t-shirts
4) Will you be staying overnight Friday or Saturday….

I need to place the t-shirt order no later than March 20, so let me know who is coming asap!  Paypal to me $10 each in advance is OK, otherwise day of meet.

Keep in mind…beach parking costs $5, gas will be $5 (well, I hope not), die-cast model goes to best of show (now that will be an argument started right now!), bring your sunglasses and beach chairs.

Reply to Chris Chancey, blueamber42@yahoo.com

tonlaw71

• Administrator
    • 1992 XR2 and a 2013 Nissan Juke
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 05:06:00 AM »

Sounds like a great time!! Too bad you're almost 700 miles away and I already committed to the MACG. No way to convince the spouse that I NEED to go to two meets this year!  
///Tony aka Bubba Gumpshrimp\\\

///'92 Plasti-Dipped XR2\\\

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 08:28:00 AM »

Don't you mean THREE meets, tony?  ;)
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

tonlaw71

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 12:13:00 PM »

Yikes, you're right, Matt! I'm not missing yours!

blueamber

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 04:09:00 PM »

Looks like our furthest driver will be the infamous Mr. Whitt from Opp Alabama.  Let me know who is planning to be in the area Friday night, we can get together and close down a suishi bar!!! And smell like fish Saturday morning...remember folks, this is not a car competition, it never has been, just folks hanging out, talking about cars first, then about everything else (I think we actually solved world peace at one meet, but George Bush wouldn't take our call...see what happened?...)

I just met a Capri owner who lives 4 blocks from me...just a kid, a red 91 automatic, canvas top...I introduced myself 2 days ago and yesterday he was calling me, frantic...his car brakes were shedding parts, and he had to walk 2 miles home...I picked him up, went to his car...turned out the pins holding the right front brake pads had come loose, bent one pin, gouged up the wheel...went back by my house and pulled the cylinder from my pars car in the back yard, and got his car fixed and back on the road...he kept thanking me and asking me 'why are you doing this, man?'

I couldn't put into words for him my reasons, but it boils down to this being one part of my life that is well defined, the limits are known, that I REALLY know what its like to have the Capri experience.  Crap like job loss, death, divorce, comes and hits you in the face, and you don't know what to do because you haven't experienced it before.  I know Capris...they are better than baseball!

Chris

tonlaw71

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 11:02:00 PM »

Awesome story, Chris! That pretty much sums up how I feel about my Capri as well. Any time things in my life are going to crap, I can always count on my Capri sitting there begging for my attention! It helps take my mind off other crap while I'm working on my car. I like to say it's my form of "meditation". Just me and my car and I get to see the results of my hard work. Just wish there were some other Capri owners around Northern Virginia so I could have some like minded folks to chat with!!