TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 1993 capri no spark  (Read 6513 times)

rcdraco

1993 capri no spark
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »

Stop.  Put a spark tester on the end of the coil, and on each plug.  There's nothing wrong with the distributor if your voltages are correct, either the coil, plugs, wires, cap or rotor are bad.

rcdraco

1993 capri no spark
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »

On my side however, how many volts/amps should I have going into the ignition module? I think I have a short or something and just blew one trying to get it to start. Had it kicking pretty hard, but it just wouldn't kick over, now I think I blew the module.

dougbay14

1993 capri no spark
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »

got her running!! thanks to everyone for there feed back i couldnt of done it with out your help.well the problem was the new distrib i bought only had 3 prongs instead of 4.were it hooks to the ecm great quality!!the told me i broke it when i hooked it up.i know i didnt so i pulled the plug off the wires in front of the manager. there were ont 3 prongs so they gave me a new one .put it on fired right up i guess thats what they mean buy ready in advance!!ready for a headache

rcdraco

1993 capri no spark
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »

I think I have some nasty electrical gremlins, anyone happen to have a busted ECU they're willing to part with so I can make my own breakout box?
Pages: 1 [2]