TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: WTB a lot of things  (Read 3635 times)

bcrowie

WTB a lot of things
« on: February 18, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »

I just bought a 92 base capri and love the thing. i have a lot of work to do on it. i found this forum and wanted to see if anyone had any parts for sale that i may be interested in.

i really want to find a turbo to install, if anyone can help me out with that it would be great.

i also need a driverside convertible latch... passenger interior handle
driver exterior handle
passenger windshield wiper arm
trunk support arms

im sure theres more... but if anyone can help me out with this i would be grateful.

cheers

blue93

WTB a lot of things
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 11:36:00 PM »

Most of the stuff you want you will most likely find in junk yards or on ebay.  People also post parts on this site.  If you have a few free hours, I would also recommend plugging "1991-94 Capri" into the Craigslist search box and just go city to city and see what you come up with.

Of all the things you list, the trunk supports are probably the easiest thing to find.  They still stock replacements in auto parts stores.  I suggest you get the XR-2 supports, since they are stronger to lift a trunk lid with a spoiler on it and therefore will be more robust and last longer.  It's been a while since I purchased any, but I think I got mine at Auto Zone for around $15 each.
Mark
Stratosphere Blue \\\'93 NA 5sp
Dynamic White \\\'94 XR2
Camellia Red Pearl \\\'10 Subaru Forester 5sp

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
WTB a lot of things
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 03:20:00 AM »

Email me at Cougar1prod@comcast.net.  I have most of the stuff on your list, including the turbo!

Welcome to the forum!  You will find this is the place to be if you have any questions on your car!

By the way, the Super Roo (the red Capri in my signature below) is also a '92!

--Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

bcrowie

WTB a lot of things
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 07:49:00 AM »

awesome! Thanks for the info and welcoming me to the forums. I thought I would never find any help or like minded people with this car... But I'm glad there are people who love it as much as I do. I'll email you soon TypeR. Thanks again!!

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
WTB a lot of things
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »

search mercury capri

no years..you will get better results....

what russ does not have..i might
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

blue93

WTB a lot of things
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »

Except if you search "Mercury Capri" all years on Craigslist, you will also have to deal with all of the German and Fox body (mustang) Capri stuff.  You will get enough of that in a search of 1991-94, but to each his own.
Mark
Dynamic White \\\'94 XR2

bcrowie

WTB a lot of things
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 03:06:00 PM »

thanks all for the info. ive been searching around but a lot of this stuff is expensive haha. its definitely gonna be a slow project but if anyone is willing to help out it would be greately appreciated.

i also have a question to automatic capri owners... has anyone installed a turbo to an automatic n/a capri? is it worth the work/money? how many things to i have to alter i.e. suspension etc...     i have a mechanic friend who's helping me out with this project.

thanks again!!!

bcrowie

WTB a lot of things
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »

thanks all for the info. ive been searching around but a lot of this stuff is expensive haha. its definitely gonna be a slow project but if anyone is willing to help out it would be greately appreciated.

i also have a question to automatic capri owners... has anyone installed a turbo to an automatic n/a capri? is it worth the work/money? how many things to i have to alter i.e. suspension etc...     i have a mechanic friend who's helping me out with this project.

thanks again!!!

blue93

WTB a lot of things
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »

The Capri you have is the Capri you have.  The Capri you want won't be built in a day.  Enjoy the process and drive often!
Mark
Dynamic White \\\'94 XR2

bcrowie

WTB a lot of things
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2010, 06:20:00 PM »

i plan on it. im already having fun with it. i got the car for $200 about a month ago and have loved every second of maintenance. from mechanics to cleaning!