TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Gears and Compressors FS  (Read 6358 times)

azgtx

• Old-Timer
Gears and Compressors FS
« on: November 28, 2010, 07:39:00 AM »

626 5th gear sets  55.00 shipped in US  have 2 sets

VJ11 compressor housings and wheels  50.00 shipped in US  have 2 sets

Clay

Surfnut

Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 12:38:00 AM »

Clay, I am not familiar with the VJ11 Compressor housing thing.
I've not touched or researched anything to do with the turbo stuff.
Can you (or someone else) please give me the 4-1-1 (or a link) on why I need one of them?

Thanks,
Dave

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 12:51:00 AM »

Its the essential parts needed to create a VJ11/VJ14 hybrid, which is an upgraded turbo. You retain the stock turbine housing and replace the compressor with the VJ11 parts. IIRC it flows some ~30% more and it offers a nice gain in power, especially top end (doesn't feel like its running out of steam like the stock one sometimes does)

Bump for a great seller, and excellent prices!
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

azgtx

• Old-Timer
Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 11:45:00 AM »

Rocket hit the nail on the head..thanks for the bump Matt. These two upgrades are likely some of the best bang for the buck. The 14/11 hybrid does not quit at redline like the vj14 does...and brilliantly if I might say so.... and no lag on the bottom end. In getting just the cold side you don't have to buy a whole VJ11's worth of stuff you will never use. The gears are a twofold whammy..either increased fuel economy or a 10% bump on your top end.
Clay

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 03:10:00 PM »

Clay-
Put me down for a set of each.  Paypal to follow.....

--Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

azgtx

• Old-Timer
Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 03:22:00 PM »

OK Russ   that sells them out.
Thanks
Clay

Phillip

Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 04:35:00 PM »

With the VJ11 compressor you get about the same amount of air in CFM at 12lbs of boost as you do with the VJ14 at 16lbs. The more you compress the air the hotter it gets. Hotter air isn't as dense as cooler air so it robs power and you also have predet that comes with a hotter air charge and the knock box signals for retard to offset it which robs power.
As for the gear set I bought a set from Clay about 2 years ago. I graphed the RPM v.s. Speed and got about a 12% increase with the 626 set. There is actually a taller set that will work from the 323 Diesel but try and find one in the states. I have a very helpful Mazda parts guy that helps me find everything I need. All i need to do is come up with the money. The gear sets are real easy to do, I did mine when I had the trans out for a new clutch. It took about 15 min.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2010, 05:38:00 PM »

True on some cars. Our knockboxes are real primitive, and only work on/off. There is no gentle retard for it. Its more of an emergency thing for us

shoeish

Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2010, 06:18:00 PM »

Phillip,

Still have the gear ratio graph?

Phillip

Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 06:31:00 PM »

That"s true. I've hit that point a few times mostly in spikes when I'm running high boost. It feels like the engine just shuts down. I have a cheap boost controller, when it first spools it spikes a bit. I'm building a new turbo now and porting the waste gate and exhaust housing. I got the compressor and snail from a company called "Turbos R US". It's an upgrade for the Subie's Much larger wheel, Suppose to be a TD04 16G. I'll see how it works.

Chicken

Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2010, 06:31:00 AM »

I feel the knock box is VERY GOOD.  Its not just an on/off.  Its a good unit to graft into other cars when you want to add a turbo.  But YES its primitive solid state stuff.  Though I have only heard rumors of any ever dieing.

On the GT/GTX once you hit that Solid Cutoff, you have to reset the ECU.  The Capri ECU is a tiny bit more modern.  But I use the term modern in a subjective example. n The non turbo system seems to have gotten more attention.

Have you ever tested all the signals out of alll the wires during a roadtest on one Matt?

If you heard it from an automotive forum, get a second, and third opinion.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 03:58:00 PM »

I've never heard of an ECU reset - Details?

Have you grafted the capri knockbox into another car? Wiring diagrams? I/O datalogs?

How did the nonturbo get more attention?

Chicken

Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2010, 12:20:00 PM »

One was grafted into an early RX7, and I saw one used on a B1600. Wiring is in the book.

The non turbo dohc never had a US FED map until it was in the "Mercury" Capri and the Turbo map was merely extrapolated from the Mazda into more cells. *(theoretically more cells)*

Not sure that more cells were used in Australia or even what the ECU number is there.  And I've never seen the grid for our B6T

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2010, 12:57:00 AM »

Im sorry, where is this info coming from?

N/A Maps are the same size as turbo maps, and our turbo maps are identical to those used in the 323

Chicken

Gears and Compressors FS
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 07:23:00 AM »

People hacked all the ecus years ago. I don't have any of that info at all anymore.

Like I said the non turbo dohc never had a US FED map until it was in the "Mercury" Capri. There was no application with the DOHC in North America before.

The Turbo map was merely extrapolated from the Mazda into what I hear is a grid with more cells. I would suppose they can be the same size, sure!  The knock is controlled by solid state, the advance is controlled mechanically, I don't think the map has to be any bigger or smaller. Are they the same number of cells across all generations?

How does the XR2 map compare to Craig's old B660 ecu?

!!WE'VE JACKED CLAYS THREAD.  SHOULD ADMIN THIS TO A NEW THREAD!!

Pages: [1] 2