TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: blackout projector headlights.  (Read 5241 times)

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
blackout projector headlights.
« on: November 04, 2009, 10:38:00 AM »

im selling my blackout projector headlights if anyone is interested.. there in good shape still
so i figured somebody on here may want them...
make me an offer ...Joe..RCI...

the right has a bulb in it the left does not.. ...
i have both bulbs for them, BUT,
 i highly recommend a HID kit... otherwise there pretty dim...

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 10:42:00 AM »

I also have the blackout foglights that match.. like on my car above... ill sell them as a set or separate... make an offer...Joe

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 12:59:00 AM »

BUMP

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 01:24:00 AM »

can i get 20 for the headlights and 10 for the fog lights?

make an offer,....Joe...RCI....

220hp@18psi

David Young

• 1993 XR2
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 04:32:00 AM »

I think they look pretty cool.  What would I have to do to install them?  My XR2 is stock; well except for the driving lights.  My headlights are the original; with that wierd plug.  What type of mount do i need for the driving lights?  If I don't have to redesign anything, i would give you $25 for everything.  

David
David A. Young

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »

the headlights are a direct fit replacement for the capri... they convert your sealed beam into a separate h4 bulb and fixture...they are blackout projector style...

the foglights are glass with black reflactors just like the headlights...
 they are close to filing the hole in the bumper...take a std. 50 watt bulb and are prewired to plug into the stock foglight harnesses on your capri... a single 3/8 hole must be drilled to mount foglights...

theese headlights are blackout, and i Highly Recommend you buy, and install an HID light kit..
just order the color/temp. you want with an H4 bulb size...
they also make an HID kit for foglights...

...Joe...RCI...

220hp@18psi

David Young

• 1993 XR2
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 07:14:00 AM »

Joe - I just sent you an email.  Let me know.

David
David A. Young

mr_gr1mm

• 1991 Mercury Capri
Re: blackout projector headlights.
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 09:30:44 AM »

I know this thread is dead, but can someone please explain where I can buy all of these light fixtures/parking light covers? I want to do exactly this to all of the light fixtures on my capri but I am very inexperienced. I've been doing my best to google "Gt light covers" and "h3 bulb 4x6 HID conversion kit" but I have zero confidence that anything I've found will fit my base Capri. I'm having the most difficulty finding anything that looks like it will even come close to fitting the parking headlight fixtures. If anyone has a direct link and could maybe explain what h3/h4 bulbs are and what HID conversion kits are and what's involved with installing them I would really appreciate it... a lot of what I've been finding online uses stock images that do not match the capri style fixtures so I don't want to risk buying anything... again thanks so much for the help!

mr_gr1mm

• 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2021, 07:56:45 PM »

so I've been doing some research and I think I found the replacement blackout 4x6 housing https://www.ebay.com/itm/232629629406?_trkparms=amclksrc=ITM&aid=1110006&algo=HOMESPLICE.SIM&ao=1&asc=20200818143230&meid=b6e849844d2b466fa4a9f844f5b6e435&pid=101224&rk=3&rkt=5&sd=253366797534&itm=232629629406&pmt=1&noa=1&pg=2047675&algv=DefaultOrganicWeb&_trksid=p2047675.c101224.m-1. I also now know that h4 are the bulbs I would want to convert over to since they have a combination of low & high beam filaments. The only thing I still have no idea about is how to actually convert my sealed beam bulb to an h4 HID. Also, I have gotten nowhere in trying to find those smoke grey blackout covers for the parking/turn signal lights...

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 08:23:05 AM »

The conversion headlights usually bolt in and plug in just like a replacement headlight. The conversion bulbs usually come with a pigtail to adapt it to your stock plug. The bulb conversions normally pull more power than your stock system was designed for and to get max effect you should use a relay to power the new units. This is the wiring diagram to the headlight system.

https://capriconvertible.com/FORD-CAPRI-89-94-SA,SC,SE-CONVERTABLE/ELECTRICAL-DIAGRAMS/Capri_SM_Lighting_Exterior_S17-01.pdf
Jack Byrd

mr_gr1mm

• 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2021, 07:00:46 PM »

Thanks greywolf! So I was doing even more reading and found out that the h4 bulb that I'm looking at buying is not a HID, but rather a halogen bulb. In fact, it has the same ratings as a H4656 sealed beam Halogen bulb (12v 55W). It even looks like it has the same connectors... so based on this, I don't think a relay would be required, would it? Is this bulb a simple drop and replace?

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2021, 08:06:51 AM »

Thanks greywolf! So I was doing even more reading and found out that the h4 bulb that I'm looking at buying is not a HID, but rather a halogen bulb. In fact, it has the same ratings as a H4656 sealed beam Halogen bulb (12v 55W). It even looks like it has the same connectors... so based on this, I don't think a relay would be required, would it? Is this bulb a simple drop and replace?

Should be okay, regular headlights benefit from relays also.
Jack Byrd

EShepherd

• 1991 Capri XR2, 1991 Capri XR2 Rusted out Shell
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2021, 06:27:58 PM »

Don't let yourself be intimidated by relays, they are quite simple, and knowing how to use them opens up a whole world of opportunities.

Think of them like a simple on/off switch. That's really all they are. They just use low current to switch a high current circuit. 4-pin relays are dead simple to use. Check out a couple videos on the Youtubes, you'll learn a bunch.

mr_gr1mm

• 1991 Mercury Capri
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2022, 09:50:17 PM »

So I managed to finally purchase and install my new headlights.. I hit a couple of unexpected snags during the install, hoping someone out there can provide a little guidance (sorry if my explanation is not the best):

1) The replacement h4 bulbs do not mate with the existing headlight socket
2) I know I need a relay kit, and I feel pretty confident I can install one, I just don't know which kit would be best. It seems they are designed to install in place using the existing socket, so I'm a bit confused given the fact that I now need new sockets for the replacement bulbs. I'm also not sure what the amperage rating of the relay kit needs to be.

At any rate, here are what the headlights look like mounted.. I can't wait to get them wired up!
https://imgur.com/gallery/mcrdKzI