TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: I need a Harmonic Balancer  (Read 3403 times)

ericjd

I need a Harmonic Balancer
« on: December 23, 2009, 08:29:00 AM »

Where can I get a new harmonic balancer,or a known to be GOOD one ?

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 12:59:00 PM »

sold the one i had..2 others are parting out capris right now in the other threads..hit them up
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 01:01:00 PM »

jeez, ya know i have a couple spares.. id give ya one but thats gonna be pricy to ship....

220hp@18psi

ericjd

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 11:59:00 PM »

I'm not looking for a free one. I definitely will pay you for shipping and more if you want. Shipping shouldnt cost that much, I ship laptops all the time which weigh probably at least 3 or 4 times as much and they cost around $25 priority mail, smaller one less. My zip code is 13601. How much do you want ?  Of course I'm gonna shop for the best price but its got to be in like new working condition. The one that is currently on my car that I drive wobbles and I'm hoping that this will cure the rough idle on my car.

grasshopper

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 05:50:00 PM »

If your pulley wobbles then you obviously have the short nose crank version and your crank snout is probably munched.
BTW does anybody know how to tell if a motor has a short or long crank snout. My motor is a May 1992 around the time they changed over. I think the pulley was different....different number of holes in the side .
How many holes in the side of your pulley ericjd?

grasshopper

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 05:55:00 PM »

I think some of the pulleys off the 89-91 miata/MX5 can be used.
Might be able to use a 93-97 pulley that uses a multi rib belt (not V belt) and the alt+water pump pulley to match. Has anybody done this mod?

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 12:28:00 AM »

mine wobbles and it is not the short nose...
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »

hey mine does the same thing an i toke mine to work and put it in a lathe and use mikes to indicate in and i got to within 5 thousands of ture in a lathe and kid you not put it on the car and it looked worse going 3000 rpms faster.. so i repeeded it again same thing i did notice how putting it on and getting anything behind the pullys as they go on changes the outcome but i never did get it round it looks fine it your looking through the wheel well but if you look down through the engine i waited for the crank to break but it didnt so might want to just remove and clean really good and try it again and see if you ask me thats a really shitty design