TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: b6t engine/parts  (Read 10220 times)

twistedhhhdx625

b6t engine/parts
« on: January 12, 2010, 03:33:00 AM »

Hey guys I pulled the motor out of my xr2 rebuild it but decided that if I'm going through all the effort I might as well swap in a 1.8L.

Anyways I don't want anything to go to waste and I know how hard it can be to find reasonable parts for the xr2 sometime so I'm putting everything up for sale that was on the motor. Just let me know what you are looking for and I can let you know if I still have it/what Kind of condition its in and then we can work out a reasonable price.

Just let me know what you need via email (robertshafer256@yahoo.com)

Its a 1.6 L B6T,16v D.O.H.C. with a         Manual FW Transmission

[ January 15, 2010, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: STE_6000 ]

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 05:46:00 AM »

u going with the BP or the BPT?

the NA one will be such a downgrade when you can get 175hp out of ours with just a few mods and the BPT is even harder to get the parts for since it was only made overseas

i am still thinking hard about trying to put an SR20det in one of my parts cars..

the bluebird was a FWD one they put in the 200sx here all the time. i think it would be a close fit and 205hp stock

rocket has done the whole setup to be AWD with the BP.

so many options
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 11:46:00 AM »

the bp or bpt into a bf chassis (capri) is doable and done, but not an easy swap.. many modifications to the chassis, computer system, and engine will need to be done...
 as gost has said, rocket will be your go to, on that one...
 a bp N/A will be a disappointment, but if you were to spend the money and turbo it, you can make tons of power, but will be a bit pricey...

a bpt will be pricey to obtain and parts are very hard to get and very expensive where its a JDM engine... here again performance would be outstanding, but the same mods to the chassis and computer would be required...

as for an SR20 into a capri.. i dont think it has been done.. everything from space, to modification, to mount locations, to a computer to run it, would need to be researched...

it would be cool, but sacralege comes to mind... besides if your going to spend the money to import a jdm engine with no parts availability
why not get a bpt and put it in for even more power??? and less PITA and research....
thats not a cheap swap into a 240sx, much less a bluebird into a capri!!!

i have a good friend in town that had a bluebird into a sentra b13 chassis... it wasnt as fast as my capri with the high compression b6t....but it was fast....
swapping engines is cool in any form, and i wish either of you the best of luck on your endeavors.. if i can be of assistance to either of you just let me know....Joe

220hp@18psi

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 12:46:00 PM »

I don't think anyone would be disappointed with an N/A BP... They're high compression motors with a much broader flatter powerband. They make 127hp in stock N/A form...close to the same stock for stock as a B6T. Couple easy mods will net you extra ponies for it. No you can't turn up the boost on the n/a but they're plenty peppy especially in cars light as ours.

As for the BPT... Its not that hard to get parts if you know where to look. Watch ClupProtege and FEOA for BPT parts...I got all my BP26 goodies from there pretty cheap. If you end up buying the whole BPT bundle from an engine importer you'll already have most of the parts you need but those bundles are pricey.

Glad to see someone else going for the BP though. Let me know if you have any questions!

-Matt
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 08:13:00 PM »

sr20 has way more products available for the cars here in the states then the BP series

you can get a bluebird eng,tranny and ecu with harness for about 1500-2000

way more support and mods done by americans in the usa..

sentra is 500+ pounds heavier..205 stock would screaming in this car..325 would be a beast and easy to get to with a ton more support... your engine is almost at its max and he was at his base so much more juice to get out of them.

i have owned an SR20DET and RB20DET RB26DETT and VG30DET. that sr will make this thing scream. i am really thinking on doing it with one of my shells.

i see built sentras for 3000 with swap done here locally...in a 240sx you are looking at almost 2g more. people shy because it still FWD
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1992 240sx Convertible

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 01:31:00 AM »

[edit] B13 (1991-1994)
Third generation  
Also called Nissan Sunny
Nissan Tsuru III
Nissan V16
Production 1991-1994 (to present as Tsuru and Venezuela)
Assembly Smyrna, Tennessee
Cuernavaca, Morelos, México
Oppama, Japan
Body style(s) 4-door sedan
2-door coupe
Layout FF layout
Platform Nissan B platform
Engine(s) 1.4 L GA14DE I4
1.6 L GA16DE I4
2.0 L SR20DE I4
Transmission(s) 5-speed manual
4-speed automatic 4-speed manual
3-speed automatic
Wheelbase 95.7 in (2,431 mm)
Tsuru: 2,430 mm (95.7 in)
Length 170.3 in (4,326 mm)
Tsuru: 4,325 mm (170.3 in)
Width 65.7 in (1,669 mm) (1993-94)
65.6 in (1,666 mm) (1991-92)
53.9 in (1,369 mm) (coupe & 1991-92 sedan)
54.1 in (1,374 mm) (1993-94 sedan)
Tsuru: 1,650 mm (65.0 in)
Height 53.0 in (1,346 mm)
Tsuru: 1,381 mm (54.4 in)
Curb weight couple 2,266 lb (1,028 kg)
4 dr 2,288 lb (1,038 kg)
Fuel capacity 13.2 US gal (50 L; 11 imp gal)

-------------------------------------------------
Specs for this generation Mercury Capri include everything from fuel mileage to seating capacity to options availability.
Vehicle Dimensions
Specification 2-door convertible

Wheelbase, in. 94.7

Overall Length, in. 167.1

Overall Width, in. 64.6

Overall Height, in. 50.4

Curb Weight, lbs. 2423

Cargo Volume, cu. ft. 8.6

Standard Payload, lbs. --

Fuel Capacity, gals. 11.1

Seating Capacity 4

Front Head Room, in. 38.1

Max. Front Leg Room, in. 41.2

Rear Head Room, in. 34.4

Max. Rear Leg Room, in. 25.8

well gost, im gonna have to call bullshit on this one....

a b-13 nissan sentra weights 2,266lbs while a mercury capri weights 2,423lbs ... so where is this 500 lbs??????

a sentra b-13 weights almost 200 lbs less than a capri there big guy....

and as for my motor being brought to its limit???
have you been smoking the ganja pipe????

my car has a stock na shortblock.. with stock head, cams, valvetrain, computer(chipped) and im not anywhere near the max output of a fully built b6t at 220 hp..

lets build one with a set of eagle rods and wiseco pistons.. then we can order the toda japan stroker crank for it making it almost a 1.8 ltr.. and well build it up with HKS camshafts and titanium springs and retainers so we can rev that bitch to about 8,000 rpm.. then well run a autronic standalone to manage the sensors, timing, fuel, ect.
 run the svt focus 6 speed getrag tranny with hybrid bg/bf axles
and to really make some power well run a garret gt28 ball bearing turbocharger...
i promise over 400 WHP from a 1.7 or so ltr engine....

ive been a mechanic for almost a decade, im 30 years old, and ive owned a performance shop...

you cant bullshit someone who knows cars, and  engines like i do guy....
 im sorry if i sound like a big dickhead... but i really feel like your trying to insult my inteligence.....

.....Joe Cote ...owner RCI Customs Lexington Ky.

220hp@18psi

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 06:26:00 AM »

i am on drugs now..actually...but legal ones

i looked up the newer sentra instead of the oldskool SE-r forgot they made it in the older versions

no insults at all..just stating that the SR is a much better platform then the B6T when it comes to building. do the same mods to a SR and your even better. they make 2.2 kits for them i seen it done. just stating that this car with the same mods done to it vs B6t/SR20...the SR would be a much faster car
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1992 240sx Convertible

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 12:49:00 PM »

well, lets compare apples to apples...
 lets build up a mazda FS 2.0 or a focus zetec 2.0
or hell since the sr20 never came here as a "DET" lets build up a focus rs rally cosworth 2.0 from australia or europe... these are 2.liter engines that started in the 200hp range without turbos...
then lets build up internals and turbo the hell out of one ....
 you seem to be hell bent on some sort of nissan domination, but the fact of the matter is with the exception of the RB26DETT Godzilla.. the rest of nissans motors through the years were middle of the pack at best...nissans sr20 engine did respectably for the tin can nissan cars it was put in ... b-13 s-13 lineups... and as for the sr having more aftermarket support than a bp ..
you are dead wrong here again ... the mazda miata that the bp was made for, is one of the most supported sought after and tuned vehicles in the world ...with aftermarket support approaching that of an EK or EG civic (the most tuned, tuner car in the world) you can't even attend an upper level scca event without the miata being present in numbers...the sunny/silvia (sentra/240sx) dosent even come close to the mx5 (miata) as far as parts support...

220hp@18psi

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 03:45:00 PM »

live in japan for 5 years your thoughts will change..trust me...product support for the SR and RB are way bigger then the Mazda BP...World Wide..not talking about here in the states. getting parts from japan is fairly easy.all about connections just like anything else. who you know and where to get them.

all the nissan engines from japan are way under rated in HP from the factory. Max HP allowed in Japan off the shelf is 285. EVO,WRX GTR all have same HP ratings....but one tweak of the computer and bumping up the boost your sitting at 450..

even so stateside..the SR engine has a way bigger following then the BP, the maita brought back a cheap roadster car. it gets used because of the RWD and set up. 240sx is one of the best cars for drifting. 2 completely different monsters. you dont see maita's sitting on the D series. but to the point at hand..

SR engine have a much bigger Selection and following WORLDWIDE...hell i never hear of the BP before coming here..screw hondas...you can buy parts for the car at walmart there is something not right about that. S2000 would be the only Honda i would rock.

i love a good argument when there is no exact answer   :D
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1992 240sx Convertible

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 01:45:00 AM »

due to import laws, what you can import here.. is very limited.. no matter who you know jame... if you dont think so. then import a r-34 to this country.. oh thats right you cant.. no matter what, a BNR34 skyline is highly illegal to import into this country...for that matter any JDM car is illeagal to import here, due to bumper and emissions laws ...you would never get the shipping container past u.s. customs...

i know people personally in canada that can get you one.. but its very pricey... you see canada has totally different laws than we abide by here, and the leineancy of there import laws makes them our friendly importers to the north....

but my real question is.
if you have had, and modded several jdm cars, and were hip to the tuning thing for years.. then why are you posting very simplistic questions on here.. like "how do i bypass the coolant to the TB" and "where is my trunk light switch" and making comments like "your engine is almost modded to its fullest"???
 my wife knows the answers to these questions, and your asking us ????
   something dosent add up...
furthermore your tuning a 91 mercury capri, and your boy is (or was) sporting a celica supra from way the hell back in the day????

ive owned two Nissan 240sx coupes ... i have a 5 year old daughter named "Silvia" and yes i named her after the s-15 silvia in japan...
my 91 240 is actually for sale in ohio as we speak.. complete with s-13 front end conversion and SR20DET swap...
nissans are easy to mod and aftermarket support even here is good.. but tuning something so popular is no longer a challenge to me... so im modding the ugliest, girly lookin under estimated car in america..with the least after market support,  the mercury capri...
and its kickin ass and takin names.... i rape gt mustangs with my capri...and why????

so i can ask them 1 thing before we run...

"if you beat me , are you going to go and brag to your friends???? if i beat you do you think im not????"

truthfully, what spawn me to mod this car was the donor car we used to build our Festiva project.. and the overwhelming response and just plain stupid, puzzled, look we got every time we crushed other cars in the festiva....

i loved it, and got hooked, so i set out to do it with the actual capri, and not just its motor...so i bought one in 2007  and still use it for that purpose today...

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 02:55:00 AM »

i think it may be in our best interest to cut this shit out before we make enimies out of each other before we even get a chance to meet jame...

as i said before engine swaps are cool and more power to you... if i can help at all from kentucky just let me know....Joe...

220hp@18psi

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 03:44:00 AM »

I agree! You both need to agree to disagree, and you both can have a long discussion over some ice-cold beer at the MACG!
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 05:11:00 AM »

i am cool..just stating that the SR is a better platform..that what the whole thing came from at least on my end.

say what you want about the questions asked here, i have not messed with this car or engine so better asked then doing it then screwing your ride. i know how to work on SR and RB engines since you cant afford to pay someone money in japan to do it. here soon enough i will know what i need on this car and i will be good to go. i wont take that personally at all.

but just so you know..you can import any R33 Skyline. Legally.That whole Motorex problem is that they were doing R32's which were not tested for crash purposes. so everyone was getting the R32's and importing them and the whole problem happen. they only tested R33...but listed it ask Skyline GTS, Skyline GTR and Skyline GTS-4. The USA did not realize that there were 3 versions of the car (R32,R33,R34) Once they figured it out..Motorex happened and all the R32s were locked down. those completed were let go.We have an 2 R33 both registered in AZ on our base. the one just got done this last year.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CARS/RULES/IMPORT/elig123109.pdf

there is a list of all the cars that can be imported.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/CARS/RULES/IMPORT/

there is everything else you will need. list all importers that can do the conversions.

there are "other" ways to do it but this is the no shit legal way where the car will be titled and registered as a real car per-say.

so if anyone wants a part from Japan let me know. I can get you anything you want from Yahoo Japan Auctions. One of my good friends retired there and can get me anything and will ship it.

As for the beer i am down for it.
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1992 240sx Convertible

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 01:25:00 PM »

beer is good... and im bringing my own chicken aggain this year...LOL...

220hp@18psi

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
b6t engine/parts
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 01:43:00 PM »

aah interesting thing happened today ... i have a new customer, that wants work done thats right allong theese lines....

he has a late 90s nissan maxima, and were going to attempt to put the turbo setup from a 300zx tt from the mid 90s on it, and run to the tune of about 8psi or so...
 I told him it would be a good time to try to shoehorn the setup into a FWD
id imagine it has been done. but i havent put in the weeks of research needed to undertake such a project as of yet... the good thing is he works the line at johnsons with me, so i know he has the money... ill post more as the project develops but i thought you might be interested in whats up the sleeve at rci this spring...

ive got a couple civic projects, but it seems that the majority seems to have a love to hate relationship with hondas on here...
 chris white is building another civic also .. and since his hatch made 325hp on the dyno and ran mid 10s i would suspect this ones going to be a bit faster ... or at least eat tires faster..lol
thares a guy here in town running a SOHC d16z6
turbo making arround 400hp.. i think chris is aiming for an upset.. so expect a sohc civic with over 400 hp by late summer or early spring 2011  again ill keep the rci news coming....

220hp@18psi
Pages: [1] 2