TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: The Re-Spray - Full Story  (Read 2485 times)

spiro

• http://N/a
The Re-Spray - Full Story
« on: February 22, 2009, 08:29:00 PM »

Hi all,

Keeping it short and brief,

the car went in to get a re-spray, which was long over due. A painfull process to go through and not all went to plan, but in the end the outcome was satisfactory, considering what the paint look like before. Best advise I can offer is re-spray a car when its only the bare shell, and don't do it during peak summmer.

Here are some photos of the process.
Stage 1 - Prep & Fill in dents, holes and any imperfections..  As you'll see the body needed alot of work.

Not something we want to see the capris in...

Stage 2 - The HighFill
Highfill goes on, adding depth to the panels.

Stage 3 - Final Result

Excuse the low quality pics, they were taken on a nokia phone on a rainy day(water on the car.)

The colour is a red with a gold pearl mix to create a very faint shimmer/sparkle to the car, but it only comes up during a sunny day. I will get some proper photos so you can see how the car sparkles. Some minor imperfections thanks to the 40 degree week we had here, but theres not much that could be done. It will have to go back in 3 months after the paint/pearl has properly settled for some of the areas to be redone, if I can be bothered.

Cheers,
spiro - 1989 SA Ford Capri

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:12:00 PM »

Hey Spiro! She's gorgeous in all her glory. After I get my engine and chassis mods finished on Janis, she'll go through the same beauty shop treatment. You should hear her whispers to me in all her anticipation.  Gus

fayzaldean

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 07:27:00 PM »

hey spiro which body shop did the respray???

yen

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 08:22:00 PM »

Looks very clean.
Pearl paint is very hard (ie expensive) to repair if you get scratches or chips
1990 Ford Capri
1.6L SOHC