TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!  (Read 40317 times)

coco-customs

MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« on: June 11, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »

Im finally Starting a build thred for my 91 XR2. I bought the car 2 years ago with just over 100,000 for a whopping $500. My girlfriend drove it for the first winter (yes capris love the snow) I then daily drove it for a summer. This is a pic the last summer it was drove.

For the last year now ive been picking at it for a project car.

Sadly the last summer it was drove a deer ran into me....yes it RAN into me not the other way around.

Ive allready got the paint and a few auto body buddys so im now in search of a door and panal to fix it. ANYWAYS my goal with the car is to make the most power (on a budget anyways) and lightest weight EVER!!!!!! I started by completly striping the interior including all unnecessary wiring. .acually about 6 or 7 pounds of it.

The next plans for the interior is a custom sheet metal dash, guages, custom roll cage (acuall one not the maita type) and seat install. I picked up a super clean set of 03 WRX seats for only $100!! There WAY comfy and have nice high bolsters.

Not stoping till 300 WHP

coco-customs

MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »

As for the power I plan on using a EVO 8 twin scroll 16g turbo with a custom tubular manifold. As for right now I would like to get the body all figured out finish the interior and get a clutch so I can drive it if I want to. Untill then Im just stick piling all sorts of good stuff and my ECU is currently in Rockets hands    

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Few parts so far.....

let me know what you think and im up to all suggestions!!! O YA bone stock. . .    

And on a closed track of course  
Not stoping till 300 WHP

Yuri

• Old-Timer
MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »

needs moar rocketchip

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 09:07:00 AM »

You should have your ECU soon, I had it out the next day

is that a direct fit gaugepod?

Thats a huge turbo. What size injectors?

Those are nice seats. Excellent project, keep the pics coming!
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »

thats a really big turbo for theese little motors.....please get ya some bigger injectors, and please, please, get a wideband hooked up, and reading right before you go playin with boost on that one.....

remember, what rocket has done will make it so you can turn up the boost.... but you can still blow em up real easy..... especially with that evo monster you have there...

220hp@18psi

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 01:26:00 PM »

lookin good so far
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 04:14:00 PM »

when you hook up your resistor box for those blue top dsm injectors, let me know ill send a pic of the wires i tapped to run em.....
 you will also need to carefully cut a tab off each injector before the harness connectors will slide on.....(just try to slide it on and you will see wich one needs to be shaved off)

this is the 14b im gonna run on mine this fall..

and even that is alot of cfm for theese little engines...
on a vj11/14 hybrid im pushing 18-20psi and making arround 190 but with the 14b, just the 14b.. im gonna push 14-16psi and will make 220 or so.....
so with that monster youll make im guessing 12psi 210-220 with the proper support mods...
downpipe is another key ingrediant. and holds back alot of power..your gonna need one n e ways to run that turbo.. 2.5 is plenty 3in is overkill... well thats my 2 cents ...any other questions just ask.... joe....

220hp@18psi

coco-customs

MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 07:41:00 AM »

Got me ECU yesterday, thanks again Rocketman!! I'll first be playing with DSM 450's but I also have a set of stock evo injectors with are around 560cc. The guage pod is acually for a civic or something. Not sure if i'll acually use it yet. Yes its a HUGE turbo for my baby b6t, I have a 13b and 14b laying around but someone allready took that idea    so I just had to go bigger. Besides I like puting big turbos on little cars. RCI I was gonna ask for some help with the resistor box when the time comes (really appreciate it) and yes a wideband is on the way (wouldent play without one) but how about the clutch  
Not stoping till 300 WHP

coco-customs

MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »

Finally got around to some more work this week. I pulled the motor and trans so I can clean up the engine bay and hide some wiring, patch some holes in my firewall, clean the motor, paint some things and insall my new clutch.

As you can see she sits a little high in the front.

Pulled out. . really dirty, ready to be washed.

I also completly stripped the front bumper of all the support and worked on a newer/custom way to mount the bumper that turned out great. All that stuff weighed a TON.

I also got around to smoking out my tail lights and front corner lights. It used a dab of metalic so I really sparkles in the sunlight. You can kind of tell in the second pic.

Not stoping till 300 WHP

coco-customs

MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »

I totally forgot about the third brake light so i'll have to get back to spraying that one latter. Other then that I cleaned my engine bay and motor today and started to paint my valve cover. Everything should look pretty good under the hood when im done. My clutch is supose to be here friday so hopefully i'll have everything under the hood all finished for now this weekend.
Not stoping till 300 WHP

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 03:09:00 PM »

Are you bringing it to the MACG?

--Russ
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

coco-customs

MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »

I really wanted to and planed on geting my clutch today but it was on back order or something so I wont get it untill friday. If I get my clutch early I might toss a couple more things together and cruise down there. But then again I dont want to embarrass everyone with my  %80 dented pass. side  
Not stoping till 300 WHP

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2009, 04:56:00 PM »

There would be no embarrassment!! The MACG isn't really about the cars, so much as the people! Way back when, for the 3rd MACG (2004), we had probably the ugliest Capri in attendance, EVER! White car, black hardtop, missing one headlight, and a broken front Razzi bumper.  The car had a slipping clutch and was only running on 3 cylinders!!  Yet the owners still took it for a few hot laps around the track, and had a great time! No one gave them a hard time, or made fun of the car.  Hell, it was a Capri, and it was there. That's what counted.
Bring your car!  You will have a great time!!

--Russ

Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

Heavensheros

• Old-Timer
    • http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2685897/1
MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »

hey coco it would be nice to see your capri, where in michigan do you live again ? and how did you paint the tail lights and corner markers ?
1992 Capri XR2
RocketMan VAF adaptor
Accel wires
Irundium IX
2.5\\" Thrush exauhst
Rocket Chip
Rims
H&R Lowering Springs
Tuner FX Racing seats
Gauges w/ A-pillar gauge pods
Accel superstock coil
FMIC

coco-customs

MY XR2 PROJECT/BUILD!!
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »

That really encourages me to get it driveable in time!! I think If I dont have it ready by then i'll still be there to check out everyone elses. I know of a couple other capri owners in my area im trying to get to tag aloung also. Joshua, I live in Traverse City. I just added a little black paint to clear coat and sprayed a couple light coats.
Not stoping till 300 WHP
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8