General > Build Threads

New XR2 Project!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Rocketman:
I got some more work done on the XR2 - ground down all the mating surfaces of the header panel and pulled out the frame a bit. It looks like the passenger headlight frame might have been pushed in a bit, so I'm trying to straighten that out a bit before welding everything solid.

I do have it tacked into place at the moment, with everything roughly placed to check panel alignment. It's slowly starting to look like a Capri again!

Rocketman:
I haven't updated this at all, lol. Not that I've done much to the car.

Our big Capri meet is coming up & I'm trying to get this ready. Things I've done

-Finished welding in the header panel & spraybombed it for the time being
-Installed a stock intercooler & intake system (stock for now)
-Spraybombed & mounted fenders
-Mounted bumper
-New wheels & brand new tires
-Replaced hardware on DS caliper. Replaced whole passenger caliper. Thoroughly bled brakes. New brake pads

-Gutted the whole interior minus the dash
-Replaced carpet with one from my old parts cars
-Took the seats out of the GTXR2 temporarily until I can locate seats. Have a set of Prelude seats but they won't swap in easily.

The car has some electrical issues I've been battling.
-Horn won't work ( bad connection at the back of the steering wheel, easy fix)
-Turn signals didnt work (ground issue at the sockets, fixed)
-No wipers (bad relay/timer module, replaced.)
-No dash lights (bad connection at the back of guage cluster, cleaned all connections in dash. fixed)
-Crossed wires from previous botched radio install (cut out & fixed)
-Burned out marker lights everywhere, replaced.

Still to do:

Foglights
New radio
New soft top

And right now she won't run, no spark. She ran fine before I started fixing other stuff... go figure.

Slowly getting there.

Bodywork & paint will come eventually.

-Rocket

Rocketman:
Turns out someone rigged an "anti-theft" device of their own creation made out of speaker wire and electrical tape... It intercepted the signal to the ignition coil. Clever, but I disturbed it at some point working under the dash and created a two-day nightmare for me. The offending wire has been removed, burned, shot, buried, exhumed, and spat on, and buried again.

Rocketman:
Late night caliper repair. Sound like a good idea for a business? lol. I love having machines, hate to have to use it for stuff like this.

Milled out the snapped off bleeder, along with the snapped off EZ-OUT (ez-headache might be a better name?) like it was butter. Carbide endmills rule!
Drilled it out oversize and tapped for 1/8" NPT, installed a Dorman bleeder repair kit. Works perfect now, I have brakes. Brakes are good.

Rocketman:
Took her out on the road today. The clutch is smoked so I have to take care of that, digging into it tonight.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version