General > Build Threads

French Capri

(1/8) > >>

fchalvet:
Hello from France,

this is my 91 Capri, bought last year. It took me 5 years to find one, as this car was not sold in my country. It needs a new door and new paint, and some work inside. Engine works good.
I have new wheels ready to be installed, I hate these ones! I bought clear turn signals and white gauges. More pics soon

Fred  

yen:
Welcome Monsieur
That is very didicated
Just curious, what made you choose a Capri over the abundance of hot euro hatches available in France?

Gostlrs:
to be different, they love "American" cars over there  

spiro:
Hi Fred !  Welcome dude..

fchalvet:
Thanks.
Well, it's a long story. My wife was american, and I used to come often in South Carolina. One  day she bought a 93 Capri, but short time later the head gasket broke. I tried to repair it and I spent hours on it, finally I was not able to. When we moved to France, we had to sell the car for parts, maybe someone registered here has bought it. This is a pic

But I really missed it so that's why I wanted to get one here. People are very curious as they don't know it of course!
By the way I prefer older cars and I own 4 Renault Fuego models..if some of you are interested in, here is my page:

http://renaultfuego.free.fr/index-en.htm

I just know 2 Capri in France, mine which come from Luxembourg and got the french title in 99, and a 93 grey Xr2 imported from the US last year.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version