TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Project GTXR2  (Read 34480 times)

kelly270

• http://na
Project GTXR2
« Reply #60 on: April 30, 2011, 10:27:00 PM »

I knew russ would have something to say about those naked eyeballs!!!!! You would'nt be russ if you didn't. hi fellows, hows it hangin'??
thanks for the info on the adaptors last nite matt, thats what led me to the miata forum, lookin for parts and a different turbo. not a whole lot on that one, but some serious turbo fanatics, for sure. Some nice ass cars as well! Just dont care for thier attitudes. I 'll just stay here where I got all the knowledge I'll ever need, (that, and mr. corky bell of couse).
92 XR2
soon to have a new heart

mazdaspeedcapri

Project GTXR2
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2012, 06:39:00 PM »

i know its an old thread by a few years but i actually stumbled across a new fuel tank for a 323 awd on ebay maybe a month ago for alil over 100 bucks, i think it was like 140 bucks shipped

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
Project GTXR2
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »

everything they have listed for a 323 GTX (AWD), is incorrect. The tank is completely different than the tank for a 323......
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!

Gaz

• Do no harm, take no sh!t.
    • 92 XR2, 01 LL Bean Outback, 92 Concours, 86 F150
    • Saint Cloud Exhaust
Re: Project GTXR2
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2020, 06:38:30 AM »

Where is the GTXR2 now? Did you ever get it back on the road?

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
    • 1991 XR2, 1992 XR2, 1993 XR2
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2020, 09:19:20 AM »

Where is the GTXR2 now? Did you ever get it back on the road?

Enquiring minds want to know...lol
Jack Byrd

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2020, 09:13:04 PM »

The GTXR2 has been parked in a non-running condition for some years now.
There were some electrical gremlins that occurred, causing a no-start condition that left me stranded the morning I was trying to host one of the NECG meets.
As may be understandable this left me incredibly discouraged with the project, as the issue was intermittent and could not be traced. (I believe it was the knockbox, the only part I did not have a spare for)
At this point, the whole car needs to be pulled apart, gone over, and many things re-done. I have unfortunately scavenged a handful of parts to keep my red XR2 driving and as spares to keep in the trunk for the long distance trip to the MACG.

I am renting shop space now, and last May had the GTXR2 prepared to be towed to my shop to begin an effort to get it back into running shape. The day scheduled for the tow an adjacent unit caught fire, and took out electricity to the whole building for a month. My shop did not suffer any damage sans the lack of electricity, but it put me way behind on my normal operations. Since then life has got real busy and my shop has had other pressing projects in it since then.

I am hoping to do something with it this year. It's in rough shape from sitting for so long.
Should I happen to get to working on it, I will be documenting the new progress - you guys will be along for the ride
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2020, 06:09:41 AM »

Sorry to hear about your problems, I guess sometimes life happens. I certainly know about that and now we are locked down trying to stay away from the virus.  I hope things improve for you.

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2020, 08:34:47 PM »

Don't get me wrong, this wasn't to come off as a sob story, hah. Things are good. This virus is definitely a curveball though.
I have otherwise spent the last year building out the shop and amassing the tools I want to help me do more major projects in the future, but I was not anticipating the tools taking so much time to acquire and bring into operating condition. It is what it is though! Most recent acquisition has been a skookum MIG welder, which will be handy for car-works.

Expect good things from me in the future regardless of what they may be!
Hope everyone is staying home if they are able & staying safe.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

greywolf27030

• Old-Timer
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2020, 09:19:19 AM »

Don't get me wrong, this wasn't to come off as a sob story, hah. Things are good. This virus is definitely a curveball though.
I have otherwise spent the last year building out the shop and amassing the tools I want to help me do more major projects in the future, but I was not anticipating the tools taking so much time to acquire and bring into operating condition. It is what it is though! Most recent acquisition has been a skookum MIG welder, which will be handy for car-works.

Expect good things from me in the future regardless of what they may be!
Hope everyone is staying home if they are able & staying safe.

Even more reason for a get acquainted visit one of these days...

Jack Byrd
Jack Byrd

jdp

• 1994 Magenta Capri NA, 94 Reef greenXR2 and 92 XR2
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2020, 09:29:51 PM »

I sure hope that I can get some Capri work done while we have to stay at home.  Take care and stay away from people...they will make you sick!  Keep us posted.....I am ready for Rocketman Part#2!

John
John
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]