TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Custom Cowl Induction Hood  (Read 2953 times)

PHIL

Custom Cowl Induction Hood
« on: February 28, 2004, 08:05:00 AM »

I am Emailing photos on this project.
The cowl started by laying out wide tape on the hood to lay out layers of matting so that the hood contour could be matched exactly. Once the top panel is laid up you simply peel it off the hood, clean up the shape, peel the tape off the hood, grind the paint off. The fun part is deciding how you want it to look. I wanted a cowl induction, but when we got it roughed up, It needed something else.. So we decided on little "scoops" on ea side, What a pain in the a*s!! The scoops are non functional but deep enough that you can't tell without sticking you finger in them. I am missing some of the Build up photos but I do have them somewhere. I will send them when I find them. I hope this gives you a little idea as to whats involved. Hood will be painted on tuesday or wensday.
STOCK IS NOT AN OPTION!
92 XR2 TURBO WORK IN PROGRESS
88 RX7 WITH 320HP SMALL BLOCK FORD
76 CAPRI WITH TUNNEL RAMMED 351
CLEVELAND, TO BE RESTORED