TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: My Two Capris  (Read 5871 times)

Carolina_Guy

My Two Capris
« on: January 12, 2004, 01:57:00 AM »

Here are a couple pics of my two Capris.. I've owned the red one for 4 years and the silver one for about 3 years...

91 Capri XR2... 150,000 miles..

92 Capri N/A Automatic with an XR2 Spoiler... 61,000 miles..

Razzamatazzboca

• Old-Timer
    • http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/RazzamatzzCapris/
My Two Capris
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 02:42:00 AM »

All I can say is NICE, VERY NICE!
They look to be in superb cosmetic shape.
How do they ride?
All Hail King William, King of all Capridom, Master of Mopars

Home of the 1994 Triplets, the FINEST individually owned collection of Capris on the planet.
94 NA \\"Black Beauty\\"
94 NA \\"The Red Rocket\\"
1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye, \\"Plum Crazy Purple\\"
1977 Chrysler Cordoba,blue starlight metallic

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2926605/1\\" target=\\"_blank\\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2926605/1

Capri_chick

My Two Capris
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 04:39:00 AM »

Wow, VERY nice!!! (And I am very picky when it comes to judging Capris  :D )

In fact, the only thing I would even change if they were mine would be to color key the side moldings, but that's it! Even with that, they are still gorgeous cars. I can't remember the last time I had such praise for someone else's little Mercury   :cool:  Again, very nice, clean, and love the aftermarket wheels.
2007 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 5.7L
2007 Acura TL Type-S
2007 Ford Mustang GT

Carolina_Guy

My Two Capris
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 05:57:00 AM »

Thanks Razz...  They ride like any other small car would....you should know that with 3 of them yourself...LOL..  I drive the red one usually 2 or 3 days a week if the weather is nice and very rarely drive the silver one... I've only put 9,000 miles on it in 3 years...

Carolina_Guy

My Two Capris
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 06:11:00 AM »

Funny you should say that Capri Chick... I've already had the moldings color matched on the silver one with the rest of the car... Just had the interior completly redone on the red one and getting it repainted again this spring.. My bike rack sorta scratched the truck lid and spoiler when one of the straps came loose on my way back from a bike ride in Virginia..  Thanks for the compliments..  

Capri_chick

My Two Capris
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 06:25:00 AM »

HOORAY!!!!!!!!! Now you HAVE to post a pic, ASAP! I am always thrilled to see mono colored Capris, it's amazing to see how updated their look is    I got the idea from a fellow Capri owner, and I have never regretted it.
2007 Acura TL Type-S
2007 Ford Mustang GT

Carolina_Guy

My Two Capris
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »

Yeah.. I too think that the car looks a bit more modern since the molding was color matched to the rest of the car..  Any more Capri tips or ideas up your sleeve that you care to share before I repaint the red one????.. Going to color match the mirrors on that one as well..

Capri_chick

My Two Capris
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 06:51:00 PM »

Hehee you took the words right out of my mouth     Color match the mirrors, and if you like the really clean look, you could also remove the badges from the wing. There are no mounting holes so it's just a simple prying off process. I think it looks nice either way    :cool:

If we had kept our Capri longer, the next thing I would have done was leather interior. I had already pulled out the tweed inserts in the doors and recovered the area in black vinyl for a cleaner look. Definetely a work in progress, but it would have been great when we were done. I would have also liked to swap the Mercury symbol on the header panel for a Ford oval.
2007 Acura TL Type-S
2007 Ford Mustang GT

Carolina_Guy

My Two Capris
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »

I really like the idea of the Ford emblem on the front..thanks..  Never liked that funky Mercury emblem anyway..  I had already removed all the emblems from the rear wing except the XR2 emblem when it was painted last time... Thanks Again....  

pokmnster

My Two Capris
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 10:03:00 PM »

Heres another idea I am working on right now,already did all the moldings,embelems,tail lights and ford emblem.I am going to paint the black plastic headlight buckets colored keyed.Also doing a double headlight conversion with half opening headlights.Hey on another note the car just passed emissions with the mods     So all the wrenching and pampering pays off.
Cheers Rob

pokmnster

My Two Capris
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »

Forgot to tell ya the cars look very nice.I had to look twice at the red one it looks almost like mine with the wheels.  

Carolina_Guy

My Two Capris
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2004, 02:20:00 AM »

Thanks Pokmnster.. Sounds like a great idea you have for the headlights..   Btw, Congrats to you on passing the emissions test.. They are pretty strict on emisions here in the Charlotte area of North Carolina too..

Capri_chick

My Two Capris
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2004, 08:17:00 AM »

There he is!!! I thought you had fallen off the face of the earth, man!

Pokmn was the inspiring member that showed me how simple it is to color key the moldings    A true Capri whiz!  :cool:
2007 Acura TL Type-S
2007 Ford Mustang GT

Capri_chick

My Two Capris
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2004, 08:19:00 AM »

BTW, what are you doing with your taillights?? You mentioned taillights in your post, but no juicy details  :D  Painting them all red, or updating with the 94 units?
2007 Acura TL Type-S
2007 Ford Mustang GT

pokmnster

My Two Capris
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2004, 03:24:00 AM »

Hey hows it going CC, check out the pics on the yahoo site. I will post some more updated ones but they are the 94s. its listed under 92 xr2 (the red menace)