TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: my newest go fast project finished  (Read 2250 times)

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
my newest go fast project finished
« on: September 22, 2009, 12:13:00 PM »

well, in my pursuit to make my capri xr2 as fast as possible... today i addressed the problem of getting cold air to my turbo efficiently...  

i had noticed, from lots of trial and error that there really wasnt any good way, to make a cold air induction system for the capri...
 the standard "civic" philosophy of taking in cold air from the fenderwell just does not apply.. with our wacky inner fenders and the flip up headlights complicating things tremendously ...
so last night, chris (krys on here ) and i, were sitting arround talking about his newest project RX7.. when he brought something up, that got the mind a twerking...
a good friend of ours made a landspeed rx7, with a NISSAN RB25 in the nose.. strictly for going as close to 200 mph on the bonneville salt flats as possible... his car has an airbox fabricated out of HVAC sheetmetal, and is piped out the front of the car via a foglight hole to gain a ram effect for eeking every last pony possible....

so without any more thought process.. here is what i have came up with and fabricated today....

i needed cold air from the front of the car to make the power i crave.. so i made a piping setup first, utilizing a foglight cutout..and 3 inch aluminum pipe...

from there i removed the headlight bucket, and cut the nasty hole to pipe into my airbox i was making, utilizing the capris natural cavitys within...

you can see with the headlight removed there is an "airbox" kinda waiting to be made down below the bucket already i just finished what ford started really . i then sealed the pipe in with silicone then started on cutting a lid for the "already there" airbox, tunnel...

im gonna backtrack a bit ..heres a shot from the engine compartment that shows the tube coming in through the hole where the pop up headlight motor usually resides...

im only allowed 8 pics so im gonna move on to
"go fast project part 2" so go back to "photographs" and go there for the rest real quick.... see ya in part 2 ...Joe....

220hp@18psi