TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: skid plate/underbody brace  (Read 3119 times)

sterling94capri

skid plate/underbody brace
« on: October 06, 2009, 01:50:00 AM »

On the Mazda323performance site there is a brace that should fit our cars.Parts for sale section.Would help with frame rot I would think.Rocky

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 04:28:00 AM »

Hey Sterling! I don't think that'll have anything to do with our cars. That was listed last week I believe. With-out pictures don't know for sure. There's no substitute for proper repair or trashing of the car when that cancer is is there. Gus

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 04:46:00 AM »

Hey guys! I looked back at that post. That goes directly under the engine area. It's meant to protect the under belly from rocks and such during Rally-Xing and other off-road racing. Also it will stiffen the front end to help negate twisting of the front suspension. It most likely won't fit our cars as it is meant for GTX all wheel drive cars. It also would create a ground clearence problem on a lot of our cars as a lot of them are slammed a couple of inches. the statement of helping our cars with rusted frames, what would needed are chassis rails that bolt-on or weld-in along-side that area. They're a common add-on for mustang owners. They keep the car from twisting during road courseing. Also a roll cage does that.  Gus

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »

Gus,

the listing specifically states its for non-GTX cars, the 323 GT is a B6T FWD sedan, and as far as I can tell the engine bay dimensions should be identical.

I believe it will bolt fine where the lower control arms mount but I'm not sure about up front by the radiator support.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 02:13:00 PM »

Hey Rocket!  I missed the gt statement. But I'll stand by my further comments though. Ground clearance will disappear. Gus