TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Ideas and Suggestions Appreciated  (Read 3317 times)

Berger

Ideas and Suggestions Appreciated
« on: September 24, 2009, 07:17:00 PM »

Hello, I am new to this site and am doing some research on the Capri for a near future purchase. I am at the age of kicking back after a long career. My dream has always been to have a mid-sixties Camaro or Mustang convertible to cruise around the beach area with. Well as you are well aware of, these cars have become goldmines. And I am not that well off to dump that kind of money into a car that I intend to make it the way I have always dreamed of. So over the past few years I have been looking at the options out there. Not too good! I was almost ready to create my own convertible by hacking a hardtop off. Then I found a picture of a Capri that really caught my eye. I started doing some research and found that I could make a Capri into what I've always dreamed of, well almost! The Capri that caught my eye is on this website in the gallery section. The owner is listed as Georgios (aka gp). It has a very nice body kit on it which I can't find anywhere on the web. My initial assumption is that it may be adapted to the Capri from another model car. The only kit that I have found is a Razzi and that just doesn't do it for me. Any ideas or suggestions that you would like to share??

The Dream:
Turbo Capri, BBS Racing Wheels. Fabric Top, A Nice Body Kit, Chrome Roll Bar, A Deep Charcoal Platinum Pearl Paint, Suspension Upgrades, Engine Upgrades, Upgraded Seats and Carpeting. Not aAsking For Much Huh?
Where are we going? And what\\\'s with this hand basket?

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 07:58:00 PM »

Hey Berger!  Welcome aboard! Buy a turbo-capri and go from there. The '94 XR2 might be where you'll want to start from. Take a look and Good Luck.  Gus

Yuri

• Old-Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:33:00 PM »

ya... we all love that car... that kit is 100% custom one-of-a-kind

The rear bumper is Ferrari 360, the side skirts are Porsche Turbo, and the rest I can't remember. At the time, if I remember correctly, the kit cost over 8000 euros to have made.

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 08:27:00 AM »

well i am gonna say what your asking for will be under 10,000 bucks and perform like cars that cost 25,000+... that being said just ask away...
thares alot of capri knowledge on here ...
Rocketman- knows almost everything there is to know about, theese little cars... caprityper-can find almost anything there is, for theese little cars...and all the rest of us are constantly circulating ideas and trials and tribulations with theese little cars... to put it bluntly, your in the right place... question is what do you want to know???
 as for sugestions, to each one his own...for me i say make it fast... for russ (caprityper) i think he'd say make it look good.. and keep it original (not stock original, but unlike others original) but, to each one his own... what you have said,  

"Turbo Capri, BBS Racing Wheels. Fabric Top, A Nice Body Kit, Chrome Roll Bar, A Deep Charcoal Platinum Pearl Paint, Suspension Upgrades, Engine Upgrades, Upgraded Seats and Carpeting."

sounds like a winner to me... i like the image of that that comes to mind....

...........Joe...RCICustoms.........

220hp@18psi

JD

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 03:55:00 PM »

Welcome!

I only have one suggestion for you.  Extreme Dimensions makes a body kit for them called the Racer.  I can't really vouch for quality, but I think it looks a little more modern than the Razzi kit.