TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: XR2 Aftermarket Replacement Manifold  (Read 3631 times)

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
XR2 Aftermarket Replacement Manifold
« on: February 17, 2009, 10:27:00 AM »

Very pricey though...you'd be best off upgrading your turbo to something bigger with this manifold too.

Probably would need to install an O2 sensor in the downpipe with one of these.

http://www.turbinetech.ca/produit_detail.php?id=34&SESSID=6d9d3ef779e1b29471ea48dbc1499ae4&lang=AN
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 11:07:00 AM »

Hey Rocket! It's a nice looking unit and as you said a bit pricey. I've already got my tube header as I'm preparing for my motor build. One thing I've understood is that equal length tubes on a turbo exhaust are not as important as on an N/A as far as scavanging effects are concerned. So needless to say the unit I have is not equal length but close and does have large ports and tubes. It's really light and I'll have to provide a bung for 02.  Gus

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 04:13:00 PM »

Equal lenght runners are not nearly as critical in turbo vehicles, but as you approach high HP levels the effect it has on flow can make a huge difference.

A log style manifold doesnt flow very well compared to a manifold with individual runners
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

1992xr2

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 04:42:00 PM »

Log manifolds don't usually make signifcantly less power until ~400whp
\\\'90 Civic Si
Flat black, built vtec d16. Low 14s
Boost in the near future.

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 07:35:00 PM »

Hey Guys! Thanks for the banter. Yes it is a log style manifold. It's not as good as an I/R header, but it is a very big improvement over stock manifold. The big hit on a log is #s 1 and 4, the pulse tends to push against each other, but as long as the outgoing is open and freeflowing, it will work nicely. And yes 1992, the higher the horsepower; the less effective. At what level this becomes evident I don't know. Hopefully it won't become an issue at the power levels I want to reach.  Gus