TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: 91 xr2  (Read 2770 times)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
91 xr2
« on: July 04, 2008, 03:08:00 AM »

along with the crank and other things i hae fixed on my capri i have a new problem my miss at idle and lone at idle i have movied the timing i if i move the dis to were it is not missing then the car will not take off when boosting but if i returd the timing all the way then i runs great  but it well not idle and it has a miss i tired to put it in time but the mark do not line right on the money so its either past or in front of the marks so any ideas??  and i would like to know i talked to someone that had the car manual on cd i would like buy a copy or something i need a book or something to help me out???

Spanky

91 xr2
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:12:00 AM »

I highly recommend finding a ford engine/emmissions diagnostic manual. The '91 has all the info you need and they are available. I got mine off Ebay for like $30 with shipping. It gives you all the info to test the stuff. Helms also publishes them off and on, but that's going to run you about $100.

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
91 xr2
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »

what about the missing at idle and not when the cars boosting ??

Spanky

91 xr2
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »

check engine light on? If not, start with the usual suspects... plugs,wires,cap, rotor, fuel filter. if they are good, try the touble shooting manual I spoke of. I just found out that techcapri.com has a '94 emissions manual online for download. kinda apisser finding that out after you just bought one.
but it sounds quite similar to a problem I'm having.