TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: 91 xr2  (Read 2747 times)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
91 xr2
« on: July 04, 2008, 03:08:00 AM »

along with the crank and other things i hae fixed on my capri i have a new problem my miss at idle and lone at idle i have movied the timing i if i move the dis to were it is not missing then the car will not take off when boosting but if i returd the timing all the way then i runs great  but it well not idle and it has a miss i tired to put it in time but the mark do not line right on the money so its either past or in front of the marks so any ideas??  and i would like to know i talked to someone that had the car manual on cd i would like buy a copy or something i need a book or something to help me out???

Spanky

91 xr2
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 03:12:00 AM »

I highly recommend finding a ford engine/emmissions diagnostic manual. The '91 has all the info you need and they are available. I got mine off Ebay for like $30 with shipping. It gives you all the info to test the stuff. Helms also publishes them off and on, but that's going to run you about $100.

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
91 xr2
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:55:00 AM »

what about the missing at idle and not when the cars boosting ??

Spanky

91 xr2
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »

check engine light on? If not, start with the usual suspects... plugs,wires,cap, rotor, fuel filter. if they are good, try the touble shooting manual I spoke of. I just found out that techcapri.com has a '94 emissions manual online for download. kinda apisser finding that out after you just bought one.
but it sounds quite similar to a problem I'm having.