TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Turbo Header  (Read 2745 times)

Markus

Turbo Header
« on: April 22, 2009, 02:07:00 AM »

Hello Everyone.
I wanted to let everyone know of another option available for people looking to upgrade or replace their manifold.
http://prodigyautofab.com/

Final pricing is yet to be determined but should be around $500. The header and turbo flanges are 1/2" steel and the runners are 1 3/4" dia. TIG welding and upgraded turbo flanges are available as well.  
We are willing to custom build you a header to meet your exact specifications as well, just send us an email or give us a call and we will help you get what you need.
Please let us know what you think!
Thank you,
Mark Sumigray, Prodigy Auto Fabrication

JackRobot

Turbo Header
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 08:20:00 AM »

Doesn't look bad, but 500? The welds don't look top quality, I would find it very hard to spend 500 on that unless that's just a prototype.

Also what about a coating?
1991 Mercury Capri XR2 - Project car
1991 Mercury Capri XR2 - Daily driver
1986.5 Nissan Hardbody project minitruck

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
Turbo Header
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 11:23:00 AM »

Hey! The welds do look like they're not penetrating enough. It's a nice simple design. I would have to imagine if they got five or ten orders that the price could drop by 1/3. Also coatings cost money, maybe that could be offered at added cost.  Gus

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
Turbo Header
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »

the holes look terrible as well.

I know i could get a shop here to make one for 1/2 the price
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Turbo Header
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 01:11:00 PM »

Its great you are making these, but the price is way too high for the quality - Neukin made an equal-length TIG welded ramhorn header, and the going rate on that was $600.

Props to you man, but please think about price
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
Turbo Header
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »

i have had headers made before and there a reason that all the pipe are the same length its because each cyl has to have the same back pressure being long and shorter changes each cyls back presure i looked in to makin one my self i work for a welding company its way to hard to make them all the same length in that short of a distance vs the stock one you only have 3 inchs from center of the exhast to the tubro falange thats not much to work with

Markus

Turbo Header
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 05:05:00 PM »

Thanks for the replies.

I need to clear up a few things as my first post was not as informative as it should have been. I apologize for that.

The header pictured on the website is indeed a prototype. It was done for a customer who wanted to get on the road A.S.A.P. and needed a working solution.

The flanges were outsourced and we were not happy with the results. This is why the pricing is not yet fixed, we are still trying to find a process that is of acceptable quality and price.

All we have to work with is the old manifold. This put considerable constraints on the design, and pretty much forced us to make a stock replacement. If we had access to a vehicle we would like to design an equal length header, downpipe, and full exhaust system with or with out hi-flow cats.

High temp coating will be available as well as 304 Stainless Steel.

Mark

JackRobot

Turbo Header
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 05:09:00 PM »

Your welcome to design everything to fit my car, if its free, hah

Keep us updated.
1991 Mercury Capri XR2 - Project car
1991 Mercury Capri XR2 - Daily driver
1986.5 Nissan Hardbody project minitruck