TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: how to remove the oil pan  (Read 9054 times)

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Re: how to remove the oil pan
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2016, 10:39:17 PM »

you may be able to put a board across the fenders/frame and use a ratchet strap to pull the engine/trans upward (w/ assist from jack, maybe?) to pull the subframe. I installed a transmission into my 95 Grand Prix using this method while the subframe (much larger) was dropped.

Other than that I don't have much to offer, sorry :(
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

SHOwn

• 91 XR2
Re: how to remove the oil pan
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2016, 01:31:09 AM »

I got it. Another how to post I would like to make. I'll post pix from my workstation later, but the solution in involved using a fender mounted hoist that didn't have enough space to lift high enough and removing the bolts from the right side and front engine mount bolts, then loosening the two front crossmember bolts that go into the core support. Still wasn't enough until I got the floor jack and a 4x4 block to jack on the A/C compressor mount casting.

Oh, if you are ever doing one of these, buy your own tube of RTV to go along with the two tiny tubes provided inthe Fel-pro set.

Pix tomorrow maybe
R. Powell
'91 XR2, LM 16" Chrome Drifters, White Gauge Faces, Kuhmo 40's, Big Brake UG, 2.5" Mandrel Bent CATback, BMW318 Heated Seats, `94 console, '99 Dodge Neon Spoiler, '94 XR2 Sideskirts Bumpers and taillights, Fresh Basecoat-Clearcoat Cardinal Red (Jul2014), vj11/vj14 hybrid, manual boost CTL.
Pages: 1 [2]