TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Here's an, um, interesting Capri  (Read 6009 times)

drbob

• Old-Timer
Here's an, um, interesting Capri
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 05:02:00 AM »

I also am not into the Modding scene.  My motto is, "keep mechanicals stock"  Now I do believe in a bright paintjob, kick butt stereo, upgrade the top and do some interior work.  I think it's because I'm old, and don't need a racecar. Pretty and reliable, just like we would like our women to be.
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

blue93

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 10:36:00 AM »

Sometimes, mods are necessary when you can no longer find original stuff or when you want efficiency or speed.  I have done a number of performance mods on my NA (CAI, header, high flow cat, 2.25" exhaust, etc.), but only to increase efficiency.  My '94 XR2 remains stock original because it is rare, but eventually, I may have to change some things to accomodate shortage.

Having said that, it's good to see people on this site like Russ, Joe, Josh, Jamie, et al, who push this car and motor to the limits.  If no one does it, then the rest of us have no idea where to go to maintain status quo.  It's sort of like the history of auto technology - the companies that build the best cars also race.  Those that don't have a race agenda simply follow those that do in making improvements.  

Anyway, that's my 2 cents.  As for you Bob, you're eventually gonna get bit in the ass for the "pretty and reliable" comments - but I'll defend you if you need it.
Mark
Stratosphere Blue \\\'93 NA 5sp
Dynamic White \\\'94 XR2
Camellia Red Pearl \\\'10 Subaru Forester 5sp

drbob

• Old-Timer
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 11:17:00 AM »

Hey Mark.  I agree, I am glad there are people out there pushing the boundries of Capridom.  If I had the money (cause I don't have the talent) I'd like an AWD Capri, I think thats the coolest thing there is.  (Also I think Matt is an amazing kid, and if I had the money, I'd invest in him.)  But since I am not mechanically inclined, and I can't afford a mechanic, I try to keep it stock, that way it's cheaper to maintain.

As for "Pretty and Reliable" drbob speaks the truth.  ha ha
Mid-America Capri Gathering Founder/Team Capri Moderator
--------------------------

1994 Mercury Capri made in AUSTRALIA
AUSTRALIAN Cattle dog/brittney mix
AUSTRALIAN Shepherd
Is anyone else sensing a pattern?

Clinton

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 03:08:00 AM »

haha this one has been for sale for ages and he has dropped the price alot lol
it has or had a fishtank in the back witch was very bizzare lol