TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Possible limits of a rocketchip ecu?  (Read 2244 times)

biglady112

Possible limits of a rocketchip ecu?
« on: November 06, 2008, 04:53:00 PM »

Hey rocketman. How far have you gone in testing with the XR2 and 323 ecus? I am not looking to make three or four hundered horsepower here, nor am I wanting to go to a mega squirt or haltech ecu. I use dsmlink in my colt. It uses an eprom ecu. I can change my tune as many times I need to without removing anything from the ecu.

There are some programs(old tech) that you can burn chips for the ecu for a specific tune. But to change them you have to reburn them. And I need to note, that not all DSM's came with a eproms.

So back to my point. With the tools and knowledge my friends and I have, there is no reason that we couldn't rig up a manifold and run say a volvo T3 or something from the junkyard. After all the reading, I just don't think I would be satisfied with any of the small turbos and hybrids you guys throw on your cars. Coming from dsms, I am spoiled with both the sizes and selection of turbos I have.

Have you ever toyed with any E85 burns? It is very easy to come by around here. And I run it in the colt. It is the only fuel we locals even consider for a street car. Even though my colt is not driven anymore.

How far do you think your burns are capable of going? 175hp? 225hp? 250hp? I would think getting up around 175-200 would be all that I would need to haul my ass back and forth to work.

The honda is nice, but has gotten rather boring.

Steven
Mary Kay- Project 200mph

biglady112

Possible limits of a rocketchip ecu?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 05:53:00 PM »

I have another question as well. What program do you use to write these chips? And possibly what burner?
Mary Kay- Project 200mph