TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: 92 XR2 issues  (Read 2242 times)

tsghost

92 XR2 issues
« on: July 30, 2009, 07:05:00 PM »

Just bought my first Capri!
1992 XR2 with 94k miles.

I have a few issues with it and was wondering someone could lead me down some paths to fixes from your experience.

Heat and AC do not work but blower does.
Power windows do not work but power mirrors do.
Head lights do not go up or down automatically.
Catch point on clutch is very high almost at the top where other cars I have driven it is usually towards the bottom.

Thanks in advance

randyshear

• http://www.a1title-42.com
92 XR2 issues
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 06:50:00 PM »

The windows will either be a fuse, possible relay, or more likely the motors are bad. The heat / AC in mine had a problem too. It was the cable that switches from cold to hot. It runs from the switch to the driver side where all the duct work is under the dash. There was a plastic lever that broke. I melted a hole in it, and reattached the cable. The headlight motors are usually simple. Pull the motors out, take them apart, clean the brushes with sand paper, add electrical grease, and reassemble. Hope that helps!
-Randy Shear

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
92 XR2 issues
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 03:29:00 AM »

take out all the switches and clean them. your windows and lights switch could be gummed up. i took mine apart and cleaned and sanded the contact points and works like a champ now..

try that first..

of course look over all the fuses.

with that many things not working there may be something there..
welcome
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible

tsghost

92 XR2 issues
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 03:23:00 PM »

Thanks for the info.

I took the car over by Phil and he noticed the electrical under the hood is all rigged up. Gonna try to get it back to OEM and then go from there.

Boy do I have a lot to learn.