TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: ADJUSTING THE IDLE  (Read 3435 times)

annie151

ADJUSTING THE IDLE
« on: June 30, 2008, 06:54:00 AM »

My car is running at almost 1500 RPM.  Before I adjust the idle, per the manual.  Is there a solenoid, relay, or valve that I should check or replace.

JJ

ADJUSTING THE IDLE
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 03:08:00 AM »

engine timing can really affect this as well. Just be sure it's set properly as described in the manual. And even when you think it's set properly, may not be as was in my case. 4 years later I find all the problems with my car were just due to the fact it was mistimed, even though the timing had been set/checked 4-5 times by the shop. go figure.

I believe a vacuum leak can also affect this. there's a hose going to the throttle body or somewhere up there that's becoming notorious for getting a pinhole or split on the bottom where it's hard to see.

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
ADJUSTING THE IDLE
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »

Hey Annie! If you can, you might employ ricksservice if you continue to have problems.  Good Luck  Gus

annie151

ADJUSTING THE IDLE
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 10:16:00 AM »

Hello Gus.

I am not too familiar with service centers...I usually try working on the vechiles myself.  But if worse comes to worse where is this Rick Service located...do you have a web site?  And, I am assuming he is very experienced with Capris?

Ricksservice

• TeamCapri Supporter
ADJUSTING THE IDLE
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »

Hey Annie,

Ricks Service is located in Medaryville, IN (where the Mid America Capri Gathering is at this year).   You are welcome to bring your car and come share in the activities for the Gathering on August 16th.  Let me know if you would like to attend.   Rick could talk to you about it, but probably would not be able to look at it that day (to much going on).  

As for knowledge on the Aussie Capri's...we have 23 Capri's total (8 of them are parts cars).   We are fixing 6 of them up to sell, so others can enjoy this wonderful convertible as much as we enjoy them!

If you can not figure it out, let us know... We would be more than happy to help.  But I would go through the normal idle speed adjustments per the service manual first...  Let us know...if we can help!   Keep us updated....
Rick and Cheryl Stone

annie151

ADJUSTING THE IDLE
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 05:54:00 AM »

I am interested in attending.  Is there a website for more detailed information...admision fee, directions, times etc.?

CapriTypeR

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • http://Roo-Sport.com
ADJUSTING THE IDLE
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 06:41:00 AM »

Here is the copy of the email that was sent to everyone who has commited to attending so far.  Again, all info regarding registration can be found here:
 CLICK HERE!!
Just go to the first page, scroll down to about mid-page, and find the post from Ricksservice.  All the info you are looking for is there!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

All times are on Eastern Standard Time (for those in Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri, and North Western Indiana- you will need to bump your clocks up an hour).

Timeline:

11 a.m. to 12 p.m.                    Sign in and Late registration
12 p.m. to 1 p.m.                      Lunch
                                                 Hot dogs, Hamburger, or Chicken breast
                                                 Potato Salad and Macaroni Salad
                                                 Chips and Dip
                                                 Fruit Salad
                                                 Cake and ice cream
                                                 Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Rootbeer, Sprite and water
1 p.m. to 2 p.m.                       Entertainment - One or our own Capri owners - Mr. Ray Sisk -
                                              will be performing on main stage.... you won't want to miss this!
2 p.m. to 3 p.m.                       Play games-win prizes
3 p.m.                                     Parade line up
3:30 p.m.                                Parade
4:00 p.m. or when parade over  Games and Group picture (every car will take home a group picture)            
5:00 p.m.                                Final vote/voting
5:30 p.m.                                Award Ceremony
6:00 p.m.                                Annual Group Capri Road Trip
7:00 p.m.                                Tour of Monon Connection Train Museum
8:00 p.m.                                Dismiss and say Good Bye

*Keep in mind that the town festival is going on all day from 9 a.m. (with a breakfast) until 10 p.m.  - Lots of activities will be going on around town...with lots of food vendors.  Help yourself and enjoy!

Directions:

If coming from North - Take 421 South into Medaryville - once into town you will pass the Family Express gas station on left hand side....go down one more block to Pearl street... turn Left on Pearl Street....  go East on Pearl Street...  Stop at stop sign and keep going straight on Pearl until you pass the cemetery....then turn right on the road right past cemetery...go to first "T" road going back West and turn right (on Main Street).  Go up the hill...and you will see all our Capri's.   You will need to stop at the table to get your welcome packet, your car number,  and your "Bag of Crap".   We will have a crew to show you where to park your car...and then enjoy the rest of your day....  

If coming from the South - Take 421 North into Medaryville -  You will see the baseball diamond on left hand side...go past diamond 2 blocks to Pearl Street....  Turn Right on Pearl Street.....   go straight on Pearl  through the stop sign (after you stop of course) until you pass the cemetery...  First road turning right pass the cemetery ...turn right......   then turn Right again on Main Street...   go up the hill...and you will see all our Capri's.   You will need to stop at the table to get your welcome packet, your car number, and your "Bag of Crap".   We will have a crew to show you where to park your car...and then enjoy the rest of your day.....

IN CASE OF RAIN -

We will move the gathering from downtown to our shop....   we are just North of the Family Express Gas Station right on 421...there is a lighted sign out front that says "Rick's Service".   Pull down the driveway..and we will share with you where to park.....  SO, please plan on coming if raining....  we will still have a great time!
Need parts?? Go to http://www.Roo-Sport.com
for the worlds largest selection
of new and used Capri parts!