TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: 93 Capri XR2 Front Wheel Bearings  (Read 2192 times)

flytran

93 Capri XR2 Front Wheel Bearings
« on: May 21, 2010, 07:11:00 AM »

For all of you that follow the Capri Yahoo Group, sorry for the repost.

Long story short: I keep grinding up my driver side front wheel bearings. Had them professionally replaced including a shim from Midco Mustang, but after 2 weeks, they are grinding again. I am at a loss.

So, I am hoping to find a replacement steering knuckle and hub assembly that is known good. If you have something near central Ohio that you are willing to part with, please contact me.

Also open to suggestions and/or guidance as to a better answer. I have already tried this with the same parts off my 91 parts car, but that was no better. Bearings actually fit rather loose and I think that was the problem there. Worn hub and Knuckle I guess. 187K on that car.

Thanks,

Dave Wagner
flytran@yahoo.com

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 06:12:00 PM »

I'll talk to Russ about pulling a spare hub for you. Do you have the large or small brakes?

The spacer is supposed to be fitted on a per-case basis, there were originally ~30 different sizes. There was more or less a standard size but its a bit of a crapshoot just throwing any one in there.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

flytran

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 04:50:00 AM »

My rotors are 10 and 3/8 inches across is this what you mean by large or small brakes?

I have bought things from Russ in the past and have been quite happy with him. If Russ has what I need, that would be great.

Thanks,

Dave

azgtx

• Old-Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »

I have hubs..45.00 shipped or 2 for 65.00 shipped. I have a low mile set.
Clay