TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Author Topic: trans  (Read 2218 times)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
trans
« on: May 05, 2009, 03:05:00 PM »

does anyone know what the name of the trans is?? all i can find is a G-type...  and what i am really lookin for is a locker or a LSD for my car my trans guys said he thought the ford probe was the same and i have found a locker but i cant find what our trans is call to see if it will fit ?????

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
trans
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 03:27:00 PM »

Hey Bryan!  It's referred to as a G-25 trans. There aren't known as any true positraction set-ups available. There is a write-up in the 323 forum of a build-up modifying a trans with a higher overgrive ratio and a posi type addition but I believe it's for the AWD GTX tranny.  Gus

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
trans
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 03:29:00 PM »

Its the G25MR. The only "real" LSDs available are the Quaiffe and Mazdaspeed LSDs but they are setup for 28 spline axles instead of our 26 spline. (the Quaiffe is also known to explode, and I have seen the MS lsd fail too)

The Probe is a 28 spline axle. You'd have to get a set of custom axles made or use a Probe inner CV cup and a Kia intermediate shaft.

However MFactory is in the final stages of testing their purpose-built LSD, which is going to be engineered for both 26 and 28 spline axles. Its a helical gear type LSD, capable of holding 900+ HP, and has a reasonable price tag of $650USD. Comes with a lifetime warranty too!

It should hit final production within the next month or so. Definately worth waiting for. http://www.teammfactory.com/products.php?category=Helical%20LSD&mod=MZ
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"