TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Brakes  (Read 3530 times)

ScottsXR2

Brakes
« on: December 20, 2006, 09:31:00 AM »

I think the man who sold me this car was the devil.  Problem after problem.  at least I have been able to fix most of em myself i suppose.  But, now the brakes don't want to work right.  When i first start driving the car it works great, nothing wrong with it save some boost creep. After around 5 minutes of driving the car runs great.  If i let it sit and allow the brakes and other stuff to cool down the brakes return to working great.  I have bled the brakes 3 times now and every time gotten this same result.  Also, the heat of the engine has no affect on the braking power.  Any ideas?
THanks,
Scott

ninjaskill

• http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443115
Brakes
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 02:29:00 AM »

possibly a master cylinder? have you checked out your calipers/pads/rotors? i would remove your calipers and check to see how easy the piston re-compresses. cannot think of much else.

ScottsXR2

Brakes
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 03:02:00 AM »

Ok, should have added this info earlier but.... we replaced the brake pads right before this started happening.  the person who did the job did not realize you were supposed to just unbolt that thing and swing the caliper up so we ended up trying it the old fashion way.  The caliper would not compress for anything.... we replaced the back brakes.

ninjaskill

• http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443115
Brakes
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 04:09:00 AM »

so you replaced the back calipers or the front ones? because the front ones should just push right in with a c clamp. the back ones you have to turn clock-wize to get them back in. mmmmmmm, mabey the vacume line to the brake booster is cloged up, take a look their, thats a long shot though.
oh, and you know you have to re-grease the pistons that the bolt slides though right? because if those dont slide real easy then the pads will wear out very uneaven or work poorly.

ScottsXR2

Brakes
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

We replaced the back pads.  I know for a for fact we did it wrong and did not oil the pistons.  however, it does not explain the problem.  The back brakes work fine when all the brakes work fine, and when the brakes go the back drivers side and front passenger side are the only two that work right....

just2day_93CAPRi

• http://www.mrmtv.org
Brakes
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 02:16:00 AM »

I have a similar problem. When my '93 NA gets hot the creeping stops. I can take my foot off the brakes at a stop-sign and it doesn't move forward at all. Sometimes the brake pedal is high and hard and later (while still hot) it can become mushy. In-consistent, just like my life  

I am going to start my trouble shooting by first greasing the caliber pistons and pins. Last I looked the pads appeared OK. I'll check the MC vacumn line too. I'd like to time my check when it is actually having the issue - but that means I have to get off my bottom after coming home from work  :(
Ben \\\'93NA_AT (times2)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
Brakes
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 09:57:00 AM »

i am having a problem now i replace all four brake ca;pers and pads and blowed out the lines and then put new fluid in them and blead them and now the drive front and passager rear work good  but the passger front and drive rear dont work good i seen when i took off the brake lines that the front part of the master clinder works the bad sides and the back part of the master clinder works the good sides  anyone have any ideas to what its about is the master clinders bad??  the hole in the front part is really small and the back one is big ????????

D22A

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSZAQnluDNk&feature=related
Brakes
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 02:26:00 PM »

you do not need to change enything becouse i had same problem after changing brake pads, becouse there was air in brake lines  let air com out and evrything will work well
i do not drive capri enymore but i am still here and not going anywhere  
1996 MT 3000GT LS
1993 CAPRI n/a

bryanknight

Brakes
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 05:03:00 PM »

no i have changed them thats what started this so u say its air ?? i have bleed them like 5 times

bryanknight

Brakes
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »

its like to of the brakes that work  work good good pedle and then the other too  the padle does not move when u try to bleed them like i said the back of the master clinder works great the front half works shity i get fluid but not like the others