TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: car freaking out  (Read 3947 times)

Yuri

• Old-Timer
car freaking out
« on: February 18, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »

ok, so when i parked it to go to school... i left the parking lights on by accident.. drained the battery... when i get someone to give me a jump start... the headlights start freaking out and going up and down constantly.. even when the switch is off... and the beep is going off that the keys are in the ignition.. which they weren't.. any ideas?

1992xr2

car freaking out
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 12:59:00 PM »

Did it continue to do so after they were done jumping your car?  If not then I wouldn't worry about it.  If it still does it after you got it jumped, I'd say that you fried something electrical big time.
\\\'90 Civic Si
Flat black, built vtec d16. Low 14s
Boost in the near future.

Yuri

• Old-Timer
car freaking out
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »

it wouldn't jump

Yuri

• Old-Timer
car freaking out
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 02:00:00 PM »

ok, so i tried again... headlights working normal and no buzzing.. however.. car still no start..
lights come on.. but not startage.. starter doesn't even go click... buying new battery 2nite.. hope it doesn't get ticketed @ the parking lot overnite

Yuri

• Old-Timer
car freaking out
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 05:10:00 AM »

replaced battery... still no dice... turns out the main fuse (the one under the hood) had blown... and when i tried to take it out.... kaboom, the plastic shattered around it. lovely!!

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
car freaking out
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2008, 10:39:00 AM »

The main fuse is bolted in from the bottom.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"