TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: gaskets for the oil pan and the oil cooler on the back  (Read 1759 times)

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
gaskets for the oil pan and the oil cooler on the back
« on: April 12, 2010, 03:48:00 PM »

ok guys im back runnin now thanks goodness.. but for those of you that have had your oil pan off? has anyone bought a gasket that fits?? the two i have bought neither of them have the right holes at one end ? i have to make the holes my self?? does anyone know why.. and i also found out if you have a early 91-92 with short crank you cant buy it for the capri you have to look up 323 the one they list for the capri is for the big crank that came in the later years.. after ordering two for the capri i call Joe up lol and he knew why  good o Joe its nice to have friends you can all to get answer...  does anyone know where i can get the gasket for the back of the oil cooler ??

Gostlrs

• Old-Timer
gaskets for the oil pan and the oil cooler on the back
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 04:48:00 PM »

I never use them anymore once i found this..

http://www.permatex.com/products/Automotive/automotive_gasketing/gasket_makers/auto_Permatex_the_Right_Stuff_Gasket_Maker.htm

you can start the car literally 10 mins after install.

Works on coolant and oil.

about 9 bucks a can and makes a lot of gaskets!
Current Rides
2015 Nissan Frontier
2015 Chrysler 300
1990 240sx (SR20DET Swapped)
1992 240sx Convertible