TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Convertible Top  (Read 2932 times)

tellerx

Convertible Top
« on: September 06, 2009, 06:33:00 AM »

Well I attempted a convertible top on my girls 93 Capri and did it. However I used the Tech capri manual extract to do this and there was a couple of snags. Now don't get me wrong the sequence in the manual for removal and installation were great its just the manufacturer of the top didn't really leave material for trimming which maybe was my problem as the manual states to do this and this being for my first attempt i did it by the book.On this step i should have did a better dry fit and shouldn't have pulled the top tight from back to front. Should have used the fit of the top as it came. Any how the top came up just a tad short after we trimmed it. it still fit good it's just that last crossbow by the window is supposed to be right under the seam well its not so we get a misfit and pull in this area any way wanted to pass this on. Actually is was pretty easy with the Tech Capri instructions.I bought the top on E bay from a company named DiamondMall at 199.00 and this was with the shipping. Great product at a great price just don't trim it. Also the Capris have 2 different tops so email them the yr of the car if u choose to buy one.I also replaced the cables I bought those on Ebay for 78.00 shipped save this money if urs are in good shape. If ur going to do this don't hesistate to ask me a question, just make a day of it, get the book and make sure u have a hot day to do it on.