TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: Low Impediance inj. resistor box...how-to  (Read 1689 times)

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
Low Impediance inj. resistor box...how-to
« on: August 29, 2009, 04:07:00 PM »

this is the rebuilt resistor box i made today as part of working the bugs out of my capri this is what finished product should look like...

now, what you will need: 4 10ohm-10%dale-10watt resistors...a 2"x3" breadboard..a plastic kit box that the breadboard fits into... a roll of 14guage wire (black) a pkg of red butt connectors(crimp connectors) ...TOOLS...wire cutters...wire strippers...crimpers for butt connectors...#2 phillips screwdriver...roll of high quality black electrical tape...some shrink tubing..(if you want a clean job like above)...

this is what my first go round looked like and is less clean than the one i built today but worked fine....

when the cover is removed from the kit box you will see the bottom of the breadboard like this...

remove the resistor setup and you get this (no kit box arround it)...

this is a pic of the actual resistor pulled up from the breadboard...

heres a closer look at the resistor...

even closer.. the resistors actually say 10ohm-10%dale-10watt on them. they come in pkgs of two...

now go to "resistor box part 2" in this same section of the forum.. and ill show you how to put them in, and where, and what to splice...

220hp@18psi