TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: 390cc injectors  (Read 3270 times)

icurunnin

390cc injectors
« on: September 27, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »

I finally installed my DSM 390's and it is well worth the added security. They work fine on a bone stock car but do better when the boost is turned up.

running these allows you to keep your fuel pressure at the stock setting without having to crank it down to compensate. Bone stock with just a intake and 6psi it starts to sputter up top from being so rich. as soon as I turned the boost up to 10psi it all cleared up and runs great.

I would recommend these to anyone wanting the added fuel for added security of the engine.

They are grey tops if you do decide to go hunt them down. And dont forget to install a resistor box. You can get both the injectors and resistor box from the 1st gen DSM's that are turbo and automatic.
3 92 Galant VR-4\\\'s = sold
89 I-Mark RS = sold
91 Impulse RS = sold
92 Saturn SL2 turbo = burned (haters)
3 95 TSI AWD talons = sold
93 TSI AWD talon = sold
89 Colt GT = sold
91 Capri XR2 = sold

yeah, there\\\'s more....

I have commitment issue\\\'s with cars

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
390cc injectors
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 02:26:00 PM »

hey there can you feel a difference in power with those or is it just more fuel for safety

icurunnin

390cc injectors
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 02:30:00 PM »

You are not going to see a difference in power until you start to upgrade your turbo. I just added these for the safety of my motor.

turbo cars always need to have pleanty of fuel on tap and these allow for more fuel without having to add adjustable fuel pressure regulator. The computer controls them just fine and once you turn up the boost you have that added assurance you have the extra fuel if you overboost/ boost creep.
3 92 Galant VR-4\\\'s = sold
89 I-Mark RS = sold
91 Impulse RS = sold
92 Saturn SL2 turbo = burned (haters)
3 95 TSI AWD talons = sold
93 TSI AWD talon = sold
89 Colt GT = sold
91 Capri XR2 = sold

yeah, there\\\'s more....

I have commitment issue\\\'s with cars

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
390cc injectors
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 03:58:00 PM »

will i have rocket mans chip  he says the computer controls that i was just wondering if the extra fuel made a big difference on it with the turbo run at 16 psi  because there stock 300cc and i have done no upgrade on fuel it seem to run rich anyway

rcicustoms

• Old-Timer
    • http://google
390cc injectors
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 05:00:00 PM »

bryan, on the stock turbo you dont need bigger injectors... if you have a flashed or chipped ecu, you may consider a walbro 255lph fuel pump. but until you go with a bigger turbo you will not need injectors... 300cc is plenty for up to 17psi on the stock vj14 or a vj14/11 hybrid turbo..
Fred (icurunnin) is running the injectors to basically get that out of the way, for when he gets his big turbo...

a walbro 255lph low pressure will be your next logical step after you get a rocketchip, and a vj11 hybrid turbo, for making more power...
there about 100.00 shipped off ebay, or most aftermarket online stores...

then, if you want more, talk to fred about his 390cc injectors and talk to rocket or someone else on here about the t-bird hybrid turbo
or do like me and fred and cory (coco customs) and think about moving into mitsubishi turbo land... be good ...Joe ...RCI...

220hp@18psi

Heavensheros

• Old-Timer
    • http://http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2685897/1
390cc injectors
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2009, 05:11:00 AM »

DSM 390cc those are good size injectors to where i do not have to do any rewireing or any of that ?

Also where is the power cord for the fuel pump i am going to rewire my fuel pump and would like to know where it is.

planning on getting both injectors and fuel pump rewire for the hopefully upcoming bigger turbo
1992 Capri XR2
RocketMan VAF adaptor
Accel wires
Irundium IX
2.5\\" Thrush exauhst
Rocket Chip
Rims
H&R Lowering Springs
Tuner FX Racing seats
Gauges w/ A-pillar gauge pods
Accel superstock coil
FMIC