TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Remember! TeamCapri is a donation driven site. There are no ads here!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: rocketchip?  (Read 8803 times)

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
rocketchip?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »

Hey XR2! Our capris handle very good I believe. Janis My silver car that I talk the most of, has always handled the road well. She has sport springs on her is dropped 11/2-2.0 inches and she has '94 XR2 wheels with 195/55/15 tires in place. When running correctly you can drive along in 2nd gear and push down the gas pedal and smoke the tire. Pull up alongside a mustang gt or corvette and do that and watch the expression on their faces. There is supposedly a differential from an impreessa that can be placed and adapted that has posi-trac.  Gus.

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
rocketchip?
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »

Hey everyone who noticed. I stated that differential is actually from a Protege. Gus.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
rocketchip?
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2008, 05:04:00 PM »

The differential is a Quaiffe from the FWD protege. Its not made anymore, and was notorious for blowing out on the Protege during anything called "spirited" driving.

It required some machining of the diff housing to fit properly and I'm not sure if it needed custom axles or not.

People have done it but this specific Quaiffe is somewhat notorious for grenading.

@1992XR2: Dont drive like an asshole on the street. Save it for the track.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

1992xr2

rocketchip?
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2008, 03:40:00 AM »

I'm 90% sure that you would need custom axles, you can use the inner part of the axle from the BP powered Kia Sephias which also have a significatly stronger transmission, if/when the one I have blows up, I want to try to fit the Kia transmission with a Protege clutch master cylinder and brake fluid resivor and a modified MSP lsd (on lcubprotege somewhere, someone showed away to weld some parts together that keeps it in one peice.)
Has anyone tried the familia infini lsd in a cable tranny?
\\\'90 Civic Si
Flat black, built vtec d16. Low 14s
Boost in the near future.
Pages: 1 [2]