TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: Help, No exceleration  (Read 3278 times)

JayPHedges

Help, No exceleration
« on: August 01, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »

Hi Guys My name is Jayse and I live Adelaide Australia. I have a 1990 SA Capri Turbo.

She been running perfect for months now, had to replace starter motor few months back.

This morning I warmed her up like always,but when I go to accelerate she is fine till about 2000rpm and then she starts to splutter and sounds like she is going to stall and no acceleration at all.

Fuel pump is fine
Fuel filter is fine
coolant fine

She revs and all the way when in neutral but I can here a sucking sound when she is in gear and trying to accelerate.

any help would be great.
thanx and hello

spiro

• http://N/a
Help, No exceleration
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 12:47:00 AM »

Hi and welcome !

Mines a N/A so I dont think I can help here...The boys are pretty good, they'll know...
just give them time to respond..

Regards,
spiro - 1989 SA Ford Capri

JJ

Help, No exceleration
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 03:52:00 AM »

Try disconnecting the oxygen sensor or throttle position sensor and take for a drive. Doesn't have to be long, just far enough to do some shifts, maybe get into 4th or 5th... are the symptoms the same or does it seem to drive better?

sucking sound sounds like air, maybe a vacuum line or something.  I know some of the hoses can get tiny holes hard to find unless you take them off. Like the ones up near the throttle body. I think one of the larger ones may do something like this...?

JJ

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Help, No exceleration
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 09:38:00 AM »

I think he said in another post he had a simple case of bad gas
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

JJ

Help, No exceleration
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »

ah i remember reading someone had that didn't remember who, tho. glad it was an easy fix.

JayPHedges

Help, No exceleration
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 10:07:00 PM »

Hi Guys
Thanx for responding.
I live in Adelaide Australia and last week many cars here went down with bad gas from Mobil Service Stations and effects were much worst on cars with turbos.

But she's all better now and it's always fun having to clean out the whole fuel supply system,not

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
Help, No exceleration
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 07:34:00 AM »

Hey JP!  Sounds like Mobil has a problem. Don't understand why turbo cars, it has to do with injection and O2 sensors and possibly filters. Good Luck  Gus.