TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New & potential members - due to overwhelming spam registrations, it's been very hard to sort through new registrations. If your account has not been approved, check your spam folder! If not please contact us at admin[AT]teamcapri.com and we'll sort it out for you.

Author Topic: xr2 lsd?  (Read 2838 times)

ricky

xr2 lsd?
« on: October 16, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »

does the xr2 have a lsd from factory..  every time ive done a burn out ive left 2 very dark very long lines..

Gus Kelley

• Old-Timer
xr2 lsd?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 06:00:00 AM »

Hey Ricky! No Lsd is available that I'm aware of. There is one that with some grinding of the case and some axle mods can be installed. Gus

bryanknight

• 91 foxboy modified, 91 capri xr2 modified,
xr2 lsd?
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »

is there anything i can do to help mine hook up and leave to black marks mine well just spen the right side of the car the half shaft side ?? i need both to have fun

Phillip

xr2 lsd?
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 10:18:00 AM »

I have the same thing going on with mine both tires are loosing traction. I know both are spinning because I see the rubber, hear the squeal and when it is even the slightest wet out from a stop it takes off sideways (to the passenger side). It's not torque steer the steering wheel stays straight.

1992xr2

xr2 lsd?
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 11:24:00 AM »

When the available traction is equal on both sides an open differential will spin both tires on a car with even front cross weights.  The advantage to lsd is that even if one side of the car is in the air (cornering very quickly) the other can still put power down.  For drag racing a lsd is very little advantage, this guy from HMT is putting down 1.6 60 fts with an open diff and a SOHC.
NSFW  HMT 1.6 60fts
\\\'90 Civic Si
Flat black, built vtec d16. Low 14s
Boost in the near future.