TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

If you've registered make sure emails from TeamCapri are not landing in your spam folder!

Author Topic: 94 NA HELP  (Read 3281 times)

nepacapri

94 NA HELP
« on: March 30, 2008, 10:22:00 AM »

I have a 94 NA with 112K on it.  It was pretty nice here in NEPA so I decided to wash the cars.  I did the capri first and had it sitting running with the hood up. I didn't notice my 5 yr old was spraying the engine with the hose.  Well long story short, it started to run real rough so I ran and shut it off.  Now it won't start, it cranks and seems to want to fire but won't.  I got it to "idle" for a few seconds and then it stopped with a popping noise.  Any ideas what I should look at, the distributor didn't look too wet and I pulled the plug wires after getting the inch of water out of where the plugs are.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
94 NA HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »

Any bit of moisture in the plug holes and inside the distributor will keep the car from running right. I've run into the same problems before.

If you have an air compressor, blow out the plug holes real well, and you can take the distributor cap off and check to make sure the the cap & rotor are dry. Otherwise get some paper towels and try to carefully wick the water out of the plug holes. You may need to pull the plugs out, if you do make sure to crank the engine a few times (plugs out) so as to eject any water out that may have fallen in when the plugs were removed.

Where in NEPA are you? Im in the Eastburg area.

-Matt
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

nepacapri

94 NA HELP
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:13:00 AM »

Thanks, I'm going to go out after dinner and see if I can get any water out of the plug holes.  I guess tomorrow after work I'll get some new plugs and plug wires, been meaning to change them for a while anyway.

I'm in the east mountain section of scranton, but am moving down to Kingston latter this month.