TeamCapri

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Summer will be upon us soon! Make sure you check the Meets subforum to see if there's a get-together near you!

Author Topic: Lack Of starting  (Read 4224 times)

barbiecar

Lack Of starting
« on: February 29, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »

I have a 94 Capri N/A and it ran great until one day. I got it stuck in my driveway in the snow and rocked it, and dug, and rocked it some more. After I got it out it was sitting on the side of the road idling like normal and then it died. Now it has no spark. I have replaced the Icm, cap, rotor, wires, and the coil. . . still nothing. Theres no spark at the plugs or coil. Anything underneath the car that controls spark that i coulda knocked loose, or even a ground? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Lack Of starting
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2008, 08:33:00 AM »

There are grounds on the thermostat housing that if disconnected can cause a no-spark condition.

When you crank the car does the tachometer jump?

If not then I'd take a guess at the ignitor module in the distributor. Seems like they're going out more and more these days. You can pick up a cheap replacement module on eBay.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"

barbiecar

Lack Of starting
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2008, 08:41:00 AM »

thanks for the info, i already tried cleaning the ground contacts that i could find. you have any pics to upload of that part and where its located it would help a lot.

Rocketman

• Administrator
  • Old-Timer
    • 91 BPT AWD Capri & 1991 XR2
    • http://www.werbatfik.com
Lack Of starting
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »

The ignitor module is located inside the distributor. TechCapri.com has the ignition section of the service manual that covers replacing it. It isnt too hard to get at.
1.8L Turbo All Wheel Drive Capri... the "GTXR2"